not sure what to do Watch

Ellsbells3032
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
ok...bf is having a really hard time atm. his dad was diagnosed with cancer and his mum is suffering depression. I'm trying very hard to be there for him and i do understand as depression is very common in my family and my mum had cancer a few years ago.

But whereas usually we'd see each other a few times a week now we're down to once basically. we've had an hour alone in two weeks and he keeps having to cancel plans cos one of his parents need him.

I really miss him but feel guilty about missing him cos i feel like that's putting pressure on him.

Our relationship had never been that smooth and we broke up for a while getting back together a couple of weeks before his dad was diagnosed and its been two months and we're absolutely insane about each other. but i feel like things were finally going well for us and it just feels like a struggle.

I'm trying to be there for him but i miss him and don't know whether to tell him he that i need him too...he's stressed out all the time. i just want to make every better for him
mel0n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If he's the type of person who keeps his problems to himself and needs some time with his family, then just be there for him when he contacts you. It might feel a bit one way, but as long as there's some form of contact between you and things are okay generally, I think you should give him all the space he needs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (322)
37.49%
No - but I will (67)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (408)
47.5%

Watched Threads