Would you be annoyed? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
If you went to a party with a couple of close friends, some less-close friends and some people you didn't know (around 15 altogether) and got really really drunk and ended the night throwing up in the flowerbed, how would you feel if one of your closest friend didn't spend the whole night following you? I mean, they kept an eye on you, and tried to share the responsibility, but didn't focus solely on looking after you, mainly because, although they were very concerned and constantly thinking about you, they wanted to have a good time too.
Sorry about the convoluted sentences...
But do you think that if that kind of thing happens the ill person has a right to be annoyed, even when it was their decision to drink, and their friend did try to help?

Thanks.
NapoleonDynamite
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Annoyed.
Milky Milk
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No I wouldn't.

It's not your friends responsibilty to look after you because you don't know your limits. If anything, your friend should be the annoyed one for not looking after yourself properly and assuming that she should be the one to drop her night for you.
POWW!
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No I wouldn't, don't be so selfish.
Goody2Shoes-x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Milky Milk)
No I wouldn't.

It's not your friends responsibilty to look after you because you don't know your limits. If anything, your friend should be the annoyed one for not looking after yourself properly and assuming that she should be the one to drop her night for you.
This.
Anonymous #2
Report 7 years ago
see. i would rather my friends left me be if i throw up. but my friends pretend to be concerned. and pretty much follow me into the bathroom and watch me throw up and say eww every so often and give each other faces like they're gonna be sick. and i'm just like leave me alone. then they laugh at me afterwards. and say how gross it was. i never asked them to stalk me.
they didnt even help they just stood watching me puke and kept looking down the toilet bowl. i didn't have time to shut and lock the door.
Pn94
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wouldn't blame them tbf.
RequiemForADream
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No I wouldn't.

You take no **** from anybody.
Anonymous #2
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by seasons of wither)
lol that doesnt really answer the question does it now.

but no, i wouldnt be annoyed, they kept an eye out for you, you cant expect them to just sit their holding your hair back all evening when youre the one who got yourself into that state plus most people i know like to be left alone whilst vomming
it does though. it means i wouldn't be annoyed if my friends left me be
Milky Milk
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RequiemForADream)
You take no **** from anybody.
:ahee: No way. I just don't want anyone trying to interrupt my fun!
RequiemForADream
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:ahee: No way. I just don't want anyone trying to interrupt my fun!
Fair enough

You and your :ahee: face
Milky Milk
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RequiemForADream)
Fair enough

You and your :ahee: face
I hope you're not trying to interrupt my fun?

:ahee:
iheartgummybears
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you went to a party with a couple of close friends, some less-close friends and some people you didn't know (around 15 altogether) and got really really drunk and ended the night throwing up in the flowerbed, how would you feel if one of your closest friend didn't spend the whole night following you? I mean, they kept an eye on you, and tried to share the responsibility, but didn't focus solely on looking after you, mainly because, although they were very concerned and constantly thinking about you, they wanted to have a good time too.
Sorry about the convoluted sentences...
But do you think that if that kind of thing happens the ill person has a right to be annoyed, even when it was their decision to drink, and their friend did try to help?

Thanks.
jeeez man
get some resposibilty for your own life.
tbh you kinda should be able to go out and look after yourself i mean what are you an idiot?
you shouldnt need babysitting.
grow a pair. and learn when to stop.
RequiemForADream
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hope you're not trying to interrupt my fun?

Wouldn't dream of it

But :awesome: trumps :ahee:
Anonymous #1
Thanks for replying - I didn't want to say which friend I was in the original post, as I didn't want any bias, but I am the one that the friend is annoyed with!
What basically happened was one friend got really drunk (lets call her H), so I did help her out a bit, I wasn't with her the whole time, but I got other people to keep an eye on her too.
When she was throwing up outside, I was with her for about half an hour but I'd drunk a bit too and the sound and smell made me feel like puking, so I got our other close friend (Q) to sit with her so I could go inside.
I didn't realise they were annoyed with me until they said something about a week later - apparently I didn't act like their friend because I left them, Q said that she felt sick too but still stayed outside in the cold for an hour because "that's what friends do".
I think it's totally unfair - when I asked Q to help, she didn't even want to, I had to practically force her.
I hate fighting with my friends, but I don't feel like I should have to apolagize for this. How do I tell them that they are being ridiculous and unreasonable without making the relationships worse?
Anonymous #1
Anonymous #1
Please reply!
animalnitrate
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wouldn't be annoyed. Surely you're old enough to have some responsibility and look after yourself? It's not your friends fault if you decide to get smashed and end up in a flowerbed.
Keith Lemon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Control your drink you knobhead.
ThemThereEyes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No way.

When I get ridiculously drunk I always go off on my own, I hate people trying to look after me. It's pretty silly and dangerous, but I've managed thus far.

I'd never expect one of my friends to take care of me because I've decided to drink to much. Even though they would probably attempt to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.86%
No - but I will (88)
7.52%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.78%

Watched Threads