Jeans and sizing. Possiby a retarded question. Watch

*Dustinthewind*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Now this may sound like a very retarded question but I really can't work out jeans sizing so admist the mocking I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out please

http://www.gap.eu/browse/product.do?...d=1&pid=808220

I want to buy the above jeans from GAP however I don't understand the sizing at all.
I'm petite (like 5'2) and wear size 8 jeans.
The website gives me options of 24W, 26W,28W etc
and then options for 30L 32L 34L

I have no idea what they mean and thus am stumped as to which two options to click.

If anyone could help me out that'd be amazing
mary21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The W measurement is you waist, and the L is for the length of your inside leg.
Buying jeans on the net is very hit and miss though so you'd be better off going into the store.
jellybeanjen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Topshop measure in the same way. It's a pain.

The W measurement is for your waist, so grab a tape measure and check what you are. The L is leg length. I'm about 5'3 and for day-to-day wear with flat shoes I'd go for a 30 length so they're not dragging on the floor. With heels, a 32 is fine. 34 tends to be for taller ladies.

Edit: Just saw Mary's post, and I'd agree with her - go in store and try on the jeans if at all possible. Best way of seeing exactly what fits.
mary21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
From looking at their sizing guide it looks like you'd need a 26W and probably a 30L
mel0n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
30L/32L/34L is the inner leg length, so it's how long you want your jeans to be. I usually go for a 32/34 depending on the style.

28W is the waist, I think. So 28 is a 10, (I'm not sure if gap size theirs differently) and 26 should be the 8 that you're after.
MyDadIsCalledJawad
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It probably doesn't help you, but here's a retarded song about jeans.

*Dustinthewind*
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thank you all very much!!
I really should have to come to TSR first instead of spending ages trying to work it out, woud have saved a lot of hasle.
I'm hoping I won't have to take the leap and buy them online but my local GAP store is very hit and miss.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (571)
37.71%
No - but I will (119)
7.86%
No - I don't want to (109)
7.2%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (715)
47.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise