how to tell him I cheated Watch

azalia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
My boyfriend is gone for a month and I hooked up with a guy I have known for a long time. I love my boyfriend, but unfortunately was just really drunk and feeling rebellious and acting stupid. I'm attracted to this other guy at the physical level, but I'm in love with my boyfriend.
mel0n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Being drunk and feeling ''rebellious'' is a **** excuse. You're stupid if you think that cheating equates to rebellion. You cheated, you'll have to deal with the consequences regardless of being in love with your boyfriend. Grow some balls and just put it simply to him.
Roxannabelle
Badges: 9
Report 7 years ago
"Hunny, I'm sorry but I made out with another guy. Hug it out?"
Harry.C
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"I cheated" should about cover it.
there's too much love
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just go out and say it. You were drunk, you wanted to do stuff with this guy and you did stuff with the guy. You regret doing it but at the end of the day you've breached the trust.
Answer any and all questions he might have.
Limitless
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey, I thought I would let you know I broke your trust in the best way imaginable.
GBateman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You cheated on your boyfriend, ergo; you're not in love with him.

EDIT:

Giving me negative rep won't make me wrong
there's too much love
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mel0n)
Being drunk and feeling ''rebellious'' is a **** excuse. You're stupid if you think that cheating equates to rebellion. You cheated, you'll have to deal with the consequenes regardless of being in love with your boyfriend. Grow some balls and just put it simply to him.
I didn't see it as an excuse, I think the OP was just trying to tell us about the scenario.

OP if it is an attempt at an excuse grow the **** up and take responsibility for your actions.
there's too much love
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by GBateman)
You cheated on your boyfriend, ergo; you're not in love with him.
Behaviourist?
mel0n
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by there's too much love)
I didn't see it as an excuse, I think the OP was just trying to tell us about the scenario.

OP if it is an attempt at an excuse grow the **** up and take responsibility for your actions.
Maybe :dontknow: My bad if it is. Although she says she's attracted to him on a physical level (regardless of the alcohol or whatever) so perhaps, yeah.
Mr Disco
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
lol****
Left Hand Drive
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
He gets to sleep with another 10 women of his choice!
karim-2811
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
if you were feeling this way there usually is a reason which you need to find out your self, cheating is usually down to not being happy, or other factors such as peer pressure and stress. Firstly i would say you need to figure out why you did this i guess or the reasons behind it. and then just sit your boyfriend down and tell him that you need to talk and that you dont want him to get mad and you just want him to understand. Hopefully he will just let it go but if he is insecure he may not and dump you its the risk you need to take if you want him to know
GBateman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by there's too much love)
Behaviourist?
I'm just pragmatic and logical.
mel0n
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by karim-2811)
if you were feeling this way there usually is a reason which you need to find out your self, cheating is usually down to not being happy, or other factors such as peer pressure and stress.
Or quite simply because OP is attracted to another guy. You don't have to be unhappy to get off with someone else.
rugbyladosc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Roxannabelle)
"Hunny, I'm sorry but I made out with another guy. Hug it out?
Don't say this, it is patronizing and lacks respect and awareness for the magnitude of the situation and his feelings for that matter.

Did you go all the way OP? Or was it just a kiss?
jumpinglunch
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You getting dumped. Feel bad for the guy.
bluemax
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
pluck up your guts and just tell him.
Gangee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You're absolutely disgusting. ****
there's too much love
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by GBateman)
I'm just pragmatic and logical.
So with your amazing logic you thought you'd reduce peoples mental states and emotions down to behaviour?

Right, makes perfect sense:rolleyes:.

Read up on the philosophy of mind.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (215)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
6.93%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.57%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.26%

Watched Threads