BA Social Work LATE APPLICATION!!! Watch

karim-2811
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey guys. I applied for BA in Social Work, but I applied late (15th Feburary) I have only heard from two of the universities, (Keele - Unsucsessful at interview, Manchester Met - Conditional offer BUT on BA in Social Care ). I have waited for ages and i really want to go to university this year. I have also applied at LJMU, Birmingham City and Staffordshire Uni. I am beining to become really impatient and i was wondering if anyone was in the same position as my self? What should i do?

Thanks
rocket0612
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Did u get interviews in those unis? If u have be patient but if not it's not looking good.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by karim-2811)
Hey guys. I applied for BA in Social Work, but I applied late (15th Feburary) I have only heard from two of the universities, (Keele - Unsucsessful at interview, Manchester Met - Conditional offer BUT on BA in Social Care ). I have waited for ages and i really want to go to university this year. I have also applied at LJMU, Birmingham City and Staffordshire Uni. I am beining to become really impatient and i was wondering if anyone was in the same position as my self? What should i do?

Thanks
As you applied late, they don't have to consider you at all (unless you contacted them before you applied and they said they would). I'm guessing BA Social Care doesn't lead to you being a social worker? Did they offer you some kind of transfer offer, for example if you do really well in your Social Care first year you can transfer onto the Social Work course for Year 1/2?
karim-2811
Rep:
?
(Original post by rocket0612)
Did u get interviews in those unis? If u have be patient but if not it's not looking good.
i have only had an offer from manchester with a BA in social care, its an extra two years to be a social worker. but i have been waiting a while.
karim-2811
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
As you applied late, they don't have to consider you at all (unless you contacted them before you applied and they said they would). I'm guessing BA Social Care doesn't lead to you being a social worker? Did they offer you some kind of transfer offer, for example if you do really well in your Social Care first year you can transfer onto the Social Work course for Year 1/2?

i know they dont have to, it does eventaully but after you have dont the BA in social work you then have to go on to do the MA in social work, no they didnt say anything like that to me :/
rocket0612
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well at least if you do the social care degree you can then do a post-grad in social work after.
jellybeanjen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Social work courses tend to fill up very quickly as people see it as a course where they're guaranteed a job when they graduate (which isn't true by the way!). This has become even more the case since the recession and with the fee rise next year. I know that both the BA and MA in Social Work at Brunel were full by March for September entry this year, whereas I applied in May for the MA and interviewed in July back in 2009 and got a place. You still have three choices you haven't heard back from, so it is possible that one of them will offer you an interview even though you applied late. My fingers are crossed for you.

If you don't get offers or interviews from LJMU, B'ham City or Staffs, Manchester is a brilliant city to study in, and having an undergrad degree in Social Care will stand you very well for getting a place and doing well in the two year Masters course if you still think social work is the career for you in three years. I understand that taking 5 years to do something you could do in 3 years might be disappointing and not an attractive option. Alternatively, if you can put up with the rise in fees, take a gap year getting relevant experience and reapply for entry to a BA/BSc Social Work next year. The added experience will make you a more attractive candidate.
karim-2811
Rep:
?
Thankyou guys, I have just recieved an email asking me to attend an interveiw day at birmingham city uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (490)
37.69%
No - but I will (100)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (622)
47.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise