Staying calm during test... Watch

Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The thing about the examiner not saying which direction to go on the roundabout is because at the beginning of the test they say "If I don't say to go right or left, keep going straight"
Bad luck about the test. I hope you pass next time round.
thomasp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The examiner won't tell you to come off the roundabout in a certain lane - they want to see what you're driving's like when you have to make decisions.

As the driver of the car, you have to decide how to tackle the roundabout, and you have to do it safely.

With regards to you being cut up by the other motorist, never assume that another motorist will let you out - only do so if they are obviously signalling that they are going to let you through!

Basically, the key to the driving test is observation. Watch out for kerbs and watch out for people cutting you up
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
The thing about the examiner not saying which direction to go on the roundabout is because at the beginning of the test they say "If I don't say to go right or left, keep going straight"
Thank you! I do too
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xenon)
Thank you! I do too
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
(Original post by thomasp)
The examiner won't tell you to come off the roundabout in a certain lane - they want to see what you're driving's like when you have to make decisions.

As the driver of the car, you have to decide how to tackle the roundabout, and you have to do it safely.

With regards to you being cut up by the other motorist, never assume that another motorist will let you out - only do so if they are obviously signalling that they are going to let you through!

Basically, the key to the driving test is observation. Watch out for kerbs and watch out for people cutting you up
I understand they only say which way to turn and not what lane, but he didn't even let me make the decision! I came off in the left lane, because that is what I've always been told to do. The left lane was clear, and there were no cars coming up. It was only as I got all my wheels in the left lane the examiner actually said 'you should be in the right lane, as we're going right at the traffic lights'. He didn't tell me first that we were going right to let me make the decision that I need to be in the right lane, and gave me a serious for it! That's what annoyed me so much, that he didn't give me the chance to change, he just told me I was wrong and marked it down.

But hey, I've done it now, had the experience, so on my next test I'll definitely watch out for kerbs, other crazy drivers, and nasty examiners!!! :p:
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
(Original post by thomasp)

I understand they only say which way to turn and not what lane, but he didn't even let me make the decision! I came off in the left lane, because that is what I've always been told to do. The left lane was clear, and there were no cars coming up. It was only as I got all my wheels in the left lane the examiner actually said 'you should be in the right lane, as we're going right at the traffic lights'. He didn't tell me first that we were going right to let me make the decision that I need to be in the right lane, and gave me a serious for it! That's what annoyed me so much, that he didn't give me the chance to change, he just told me I was wrong and marked it down.

But hey, I've done it now, had the experience, so on my next test I'll definitely watch out for kerbs, other crazy drivers, and nasty examiners!!! :p:
louise28k
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I had a double vodka and lemonade before my test, worked wonders
louise28k
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
(Original post by louise28k)
Might have to try that on my next test! :p:
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
(Original post by louise28k)
Might have to try that on my next test! :p:
networkingNut
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i tried rescue remedy ( from boots) and that got me through
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Well on my last test I didn't use anything, despite all the suggestions! I decided it was too risky just incase there were any side effects! I was nervous, but nothing I couldn't handle. Then I made stupid mistakes and went all hot, heart racing, and failed

But tomorrow I'm still not going to take anything. I feel much less nervous than I did before my last one, but that's probably because I think I'm going to fail again anyways! And I've got my lucky charm with me this time :rolleyes:

Oh well, I'll just have to give it a bash and wait and see!
rhythm_bandit
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My dad gave me a valium pill before my test. And it worked. I wasn't nervous at all. In fact, I was so comfortable that I failed!
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by 1337)
My dad gave me a valium pill before my test. And it worked. I wasn't nervous at all. In fact, I was so comfortable that I failed!
Hehe, that's not good is it!? So you won't be using those again :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (146)
27.6%
No (383)
72.4%

Watched Threads