French Oral AS help.....quite urgent Watch

missccify
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So, I have my French oral next week :eek: basically, this might be quite a far fetched wish, but I'm aiming for full UMS marks (60/60). According to my teacher, to get an A* next year this is what you need to get. So basically, does anyone have any tips for getting full UMS marks??? How fluent do i need to be??? When i speak i'm pretty fluent but at times say "errr" in order to recollect my thoughts, it's usually only for like 2 seconds though.

And for anyone who uses the edexcel board, do you know what full UMS marks is in raw marks?? This would be much appreciated....

Thanks
Languages Nutter
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There's nothing wrong with hesitating! If anything, it shows that you're not reeling off some pre-learnt speil and are genuinely having a conversation.

The main thing that I'd suggest would be to practise, practise, practise! It sounds obvious, but it really is important: you need to be able to hit the ground running in your oral for full marks. So: use teachers, pester friends, start a discussion group for a few days ... You get the idea.

Good luck, and I hope this helps!
qwertyuiop1993
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by missccify)
So, I have my French oral next week :eek: basically, this might be quite a far fetched wish, but I'm aiming for full UMS marks (60/60). According to my teacher, to get an A* next year this is what you need to get. So basically, does anyone have any tips for getting full UMS marks??? How fluent do i need to be??? When i speak i'm pretty fluent but at times say "errr" in order to recollect my thoughts, it's usually only for like 2 seconds though.

And for anyone who uses the edexcel board, do you know what full UMS marks is in raw marks?? This would be much appreciated....

Thanks
Why would you need full marks in the AS oral to get an A*?
The A* is based on A2 modules, not AS. As long as you get above 80% overall in the A level with 90% in the A2 modules you'll get an A*.

One piece of advice: don't try to learn perfect answers, if you forget one part then the momentum is lost and the rest of the time is spent scrambling to get back on track.

Pausing for 2 seconds shouldn't penalise you, unless the examiner is really harsh, better to pause and think than blurt out any old rubbish...
Pn94
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oral AS.

Certainly has a ring to it.
missccify
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thankyou guys!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads