Accommodation 2011! Watch

just-will
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I Know there seem to be ones about accommodation already but they have all been taken over with general application talk.

I have firmed my place at Brookes, does anyone know how long it took them to get the application back for the accommodation?

What have people heard about the accommodation; i.e. which ones are more sociable? nicest accommodation? best located? etc?

What has anyone else decided?

Im looking between Cheney Student Village and Clive Booth?

Someone told me to look at Slade Park but looking at it, it seems to be mixed with mainly post grads and 2/3rd years??!

Any suggestions or ideas?

thanks
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by just-will)
I Know there seem to be ones about accommodation already but they have all been taken over with general application talk.

I have firmed my place at Brookes, does anyone know how long it took them to get the application back for the accommodation?

What have people heard about the accommodation; i.e. which ones are more sociable? nicest accommodation? best located? etc?

What has anyone else decided?

Im looking between Cheney Student Village and Clive Booth?

Someone told me to look at Slade Park but looking at it, it seems to be mixed with mainly post grads and 2/3rd years??!

Any suggestions or ideas?

thanks
Deadline for accomodation is the end of August and you wont find out what you have intill about 2 weeks before the start of term. You have to be confirmed to be going to the uni before they give you somewhere.

Slade park isnt managed by the uni, so it is open to anyone of any age or position in the uni.

As for what i always tell people ALL halls are socialbe, its who you are lucky enough to be with in them.
ibelongtoslytherin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I got my accommodation decision 2 weeks before I moved in and so did the majority. I live in Clive Booth (en-suite) and people say this is probably the most sociable place - but it changes of course. Id say Cheney, Clive Booth and Warnford are the best in terms of location since they are literally just a 5/10 mins walk away from the main campus (gipsy lane). From Clive Booth, it takes me 20 mins to walk into town which is pretty amazing.
I couldn't say Clive Booth is the nicest accommodation since I haven't seen any other places apart from Cheney. In comparison - Cheney has better kitchens and Clive Booth has bigger en suits. Again, this is just based on what I have seen. They are just the way you would expect student accommodations to be really - no luxury but I'm pretty happy!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Oxford Brookes University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.82%
No - but I will (46)
6.76%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.5%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (319)
46.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise