How do I get over the fear of rejection? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Seriously its getting silly now. I'm 23 and I still haven't approached enough girls as I thought I would. The thing is I get too egotistical. I get a few looks and stuff in the clubs and sometimes the girls have even tried to get with me but my ego gets in the way. I always think I can get better but when the girls I really like come in the vicinity i sort of freeze. I consider approaching them but then thoughts like - 'What if other girls see me get rejected and not want to get with me?', 'Who is she to reject ME?' , 'What if people laugh at me when I get rejected' etc. etc.

How do I get over these limiting thoughts? Has anyone ever been in this situation?
a_t
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
go out 4 nights a week for a month and make yourself approach 12 groups of girls a night, doesn't matter who they are or what they look like as long as they are strangers, just do it

by the end of the month you'll have approached 200 groups and your approach anxiety if not vanished will have greatly diminished
georgia(:
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
you're over-thinking it. Being rejected really isn't that big a deal. Plus, you say you have girls interested in you anyway, so you're clearly not hideous looking. Maybe try and get to know some of the girls that approach you? You may think you can do better, but looks aren't everything.
And so what if you get rejected by a girl? Its not like you will see her again and there are plenty more girls out there.
VeniViciVidi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Here's the thing about 'rejection.'

In a club, if a girl rejects you in 30 seconds, she cannot reject you as a person. The only thing she can reject is your approach; this is because she does not know you as a person, she can't possibly know you as a person in 30 seconds, it's the approach. You may look non-confident, too interested and/or people will respond negatively with your body language. My advice? Go out and approach and work out different things to work with different girls. Remember, they can't reject you - only YOUR approach.

So work on it, work on it and work on it. It's practice makes perfect.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads