Bad experiences during holidays Watch

thegodofgod
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm not too sure whether this thread should go here but anyway...

When I was on holiday in India a couple of years ago, we went to visit a small, very rural town in the middle of nowhere. I had some (apparently gone-off) milk and as a result had diarrhoea for a week. :sad:

So, has anyone had any bad experiences when on holiday, be it abroad or in their own country?
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Last year I discovered that alcohol+sunstroke=projectile vomiting. That wasn't exactly pleasant.
Shroob
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thankfully the worst that's ever happened to me would be a bout of food poisoning lasting fewer than a couple of days.

The scariest experience however would be in St. Vincent when my brother and I were followed by a man with a machete. Turns out he was nothing more than a gardener :P, but still scary. Another similar incident happened when I was on a family holiday in Rhodes - took a taxi which went down a dirt track, a 'short cut', then these people with rifles stepped out into the road stopping the taxi. My mum shoved her purse up her skirt in a flash, I couldn't believe it. Turns out they were just hunters, friends of the taxi driver, but he spoke very little English and didn't tell us at the time....
Conkermon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
In Ibiza in 2009 our villa was robbed. We were all out for the night and got back at 7am to find everything gone, including some super expensive cd-decks + system we'd rented. To make matters worse I'd locked my laptop in my suitcase to keep it safe, with the result that they stole the entire suitcase including my passport (they'd left everyone elses). So I had to miss my flight back when all my friends left.. However it turned out fine as I'd bumped into a super old friend at a party and she'd also lost her passport, meaning that I got to go out with her and have an amazing time before going to the embassy and flying back together.

Thank **** for insurance. I also got a newer model of my laptop. So no harm done.
SteveCrain
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Getting knocked back from a multitude of clubs in Germany in the -10, then getting into a place at 4am that had more chavs than the north of england.
Booking 1 day too short for an apartment in Murcia.
Sleeping in a subway station in Lisboa.
Olibert
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I started on the whiskey buckets on Koh Tao at about 8pm. Woke up the next morning at 9am, absolutely soaked from head to toe in sea water* on the floor of the dorm I was staying in. I don't remember any of that night

*I bloody hope it was sea water.
BlueJoker
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well, not really a bad experience on holiday, but when my family returned from a 15 day holiday on the 27th of December, we found that it was raining in our kitchen. A pipe had burst in the attic the day after we'd left and had flooded the entire house.

After so long in tropical sunshine, it was a very cold welcome home.
houseelf
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I slept in a treehouse in Amsterdam with my girlfriend for two nights in the middle of November because we didn't have any accommodation booked.

Although I kinda didn't book any on purpose, so I suppose that's my bad.
BlueJoker
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by houseelf)
I slept in a treehouse in Amsterdam with my girlfriend for two nights in the middle of November because we didn't have any accommodation booked.

Although I kinda didn't book any on purpose, so I suppose that's my bad.
But that sounds quite fun! In a ridiculous "oh god, what have we done" kind of way.

Just me? Ah...
houseelf
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BlueJoker)
But that sounds quite fun! In a ridiculous "oh god, what have we done" kind of way.

Just me? Ah...
Well, exactly! That's precisely what I thought! You need to be my friend.
BlueJoker
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by houseelf)
Well, exactly! That's precisely what I thought! You need to be my friend.
LOL, we just have a keener sense of adventure than others I mean, a treehouse?! That's awesome!
Right Guard 3.D
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My family and I getting gassed into unconsciousness and then being robbed and then the c*nts knifing our tent so that it was destroyed.

Good times eh?
RoseRequiem
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Horrible stomach cramps in Bulgaria - not pleasant at all!
SteveCrain
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Right Guard 3.D)
My family and I getting gassed into unconsciousness and then being robbed and then the c*nts knifing our tent so that it was destroyed.

Good times eh?
where where
Right Guard 3.D
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SteveCrain)
where where
France :afraid:
linkdapink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Conkermon)
In Ibiza in 2009 our villa was robbed. We were all out for the night and got back at 7am to find everything gone, including some super expensive cd-decks + system we'd rented. To make matters worse I'd locked my laptop in my suitcase to keep it safe, with the result that they stole the entire suitcase including my passport (they'd left everyone elses). So I had to miss my flight back when all my friends left.. However it turned out fine as I'd bumped into a super old friend at a party and she'd also lost her passport, meaning that I got to go out with her and have an amazing time before going to the embassy and flying back together.

Thank **** for insurance. I also got a newer model of my laptop. So no harm done.
Where was this cos this happened to some of my friends in Ibiza too!
NickR92
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by thegodofgod)
I'm not too sure whether this thread should go here but anyway...

When I was on holiday in India a couple of years ago, we went to visit a small, very rural town in the middle of nowhere. I had some (apparently gone-off) milk and as a result had diarrhoea for a week. :sad:

So, has anyone had any bad experiences when on holiday, be it abroad or in their own country?
Staying at home playing PS3 all day or doing coursework. Just wish I had friends to go cinemas with or anywhere else lol. Unrelated but I felt this thread was the one where you're able to say whatever haha. My bad.
lozzyhickers
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I myself haven't had any bad experiences, but every time my dad has been to Brazil (8 times) he's been ill. The last two times, once when I was with him, he had pneumonia and he had to visit hospital everyday to have injections. That was one big medical bill! Thank god for travel insurance!
U.S Lecce
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I discovered hookers and ketamine in ibiza. Luckily my addiction only lasted the 10 days i was there lol
SpunkyVanDros
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
we arrived at this horrid looking hotel in Greece, i flung back the covers of the sheets and there was a dead rodent complete with blood on the bed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (312)
37.68%
No - but I will (64)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
47.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed