Why did you guyz choose pharmacy??? Watch

Jimmocrates
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by papad)
WOW can you really go in to forensics with a pharmacy degree.?!?!?!
we have to do a "forensic science" module. Most of that stuff isn't your typical "finger-printing/dna tracking" type forensics. More a case of working out what random white tablets+powders are using computer programs like tictac, and spectroscopic techniques, or looking at plants under a microscope and trying to use a key type thing to figure out what they are
Kingspharm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Apothecary)
The business about technicians is a hot topic in pharmacy at the moment. as you probably all know. The worry is who will be responsible when a technician makes an error, as we all do. Will your neck be on the block for someone's else's mistake, we don't seem to have any answers yet.
I think we all really know the answer to that - hint: it's not going to be the technician is it?

This is one thing that I find really disgusting - why should we be held accountable for the actions of others. If I were to make the mistake myself or gave out a medicine prepared by someone else without checking it properly or noticing an error, then fair enough, I'll hold my hands up to that.

But if the law is changed with regards to personal control, and registered technicians become able to certify their own work, etc. then why should I take the can for their errors (if and when they occur), just because I'm officially responsible for the premises.

Although it's something that a lot of people seem to be looking forward to, I certainly don't approve of any proposals to change personal control requirements - even if it's just to allow monitoring by CCTV etc. IMHO if there isn't a pharmacist doing or supervising the work directly, the work cannot be certified to be of a satisfactory standard.
Apothecary
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That's true King but it is coming. Some people are already trained to be checking technicians.Read this if you like: -

http://www.pharmacy-forum.co.uk/foru...topic.php?t=28

It has a few differing opinions on it.
Farik
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi gays I have a interview in keele university for pharmacy please what is good answer for 1- why you chose study pharmacy ? Why Keele uni? Thanks any one can help me
Jin3011
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Chose it for the lols really since I didn't exactly know what I wanted to do :P
crazy.chemist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Farik)
Hi gays I have a interview in keele university for pharmacy please what is good answer for 1- why you chose study pharmacy ? Why Keele uni? Thanks any one can help me
1/ cos i wanna be stressed to the max for 11 quid an hour after a 5 yr degree innit bro

2/ cos i hear the chicks is hot !!

LOLZ !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (116)
45.85%
Pro-humanity (137)
54.15%