Would i be allowed to take chemistry stencils into my exam? Watch

tuckaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Just wondering, because i really really suck at drawing the diagrams and my tutor suggested using these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cox-Chemistry-...e#ht_637wt_905

for the exam, i have horrible horrible art skills XD

But would i be allowed to use them? Would they be classified as like a foreign cheating object?
BLineDisaster
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hahahahaha, thats class, I want one.

I think you should ask whoever is in charge of exams at your school/college/uni.
And tell them that your tutor suggested it!
gozatron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tuckaa)
Just wondering, because i really really suck at drawing the diagrams and my tutor suggested using these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cox-Chemistry-...e#ht_637wt_905

But would i be allowed to use them? Would they be classified as like a foreign cheating object?
Its a really good idea, but i know for my exam board, they want you to memorise the set up of reflux/distillation apparatus so maybe it would class as cheating?
SimpleJane
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeahh I'd argue it might be classed as cheating as liike gozatron said, for some experiments we had to draw the equipment in the exam from memory and label the apparatus n crap. Might be a good idea to check with your teacher or even get in touch with your exam board. But personally I've never seen anyone bring anything liike that into an exam before! haha

EDIT: The drawings don't have to be perfect, just the basic outline of the apparatus you're drawing and labels to say what it is are fine. Don't need to go to extremes with it!
avig613
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It probably wouldn't help much anyway......... i cant draw at all and got full marks in unit 2 and 4!
Revd. Mike
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tuckaa)

I strongly suspect that would not be acceptable in an exam, any more than taking a piece of paper with drawings of all the equipment on would be.

To be honest, you don't really need it. You could just draw little circles and ovals and so long as you labeled them correctly (heat source, sample tube, condenser, etc.) you'd be fine.
moneyballs2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I highly doubt it, as it is basically an equipment list...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (385)
37.23%
No - but I will (80)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (72)
6.96%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (497)
48.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise