Help me get the courage to dye my hair Watch

INeedToLoseWeight
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
For the past year, I've been dying my hair bright red. Everyone was really complementary. Fast forward a year, and every second person has red hair because of Cheryl cole and rihanna. I don't want to look like a bandwagon jumper, because i had red hair before all these chavs who tbh I really don't want to be associated with. I want to dye my hair a rich, dark brown, but everyone I've told- my mum, my sister, my friends (male and female) have all had the same reaction- 'no don't! You suit it so much!' and I can just imagine my hairdressers' reaction, as she is really proud of my hair. I want to keep it red over the summer, because it looks nice in the sun, but dye it dark after that. But all these reactions are making me doubt myself.
Dumpynose
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Like this?

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco...Chocolate.html
INeedToLoseWeight
Rep:
?
Yes, kind of like that.
Dumpynose
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can't see what's wrong with that... are you wanting the more mysterious, seductive look after summer?
Sakura-Chan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you like you hair as it is, then keep it that colour. If you dye it and you don't really want to, deep deep down, you will massively regret it.
INeedToLoseWeight
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dumpynose)
I can't see what's wrong with that... are you wanting the more mysterious, seductive look after summer?
I think I want to be a bit classier, and not look like a Chav.
Dumpynose
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by INeedToLoseWeight)
Yeah that's what I was thinking, that colour does look extremely classy, even I'm tempted to dye mine that colour! haha
Lucyyy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I dyed my hair red for about 2 years and then recently went back to dark brown (same colour I'd been previous to going red) after also noticing the prevailing trend for red hair.. worst move ever. I missed my red so much, it doesn't matter that everyone and their gran is going that colour too if you like it on yourself! People were appalled when I went brown, but I've since gone back to being redder than before, and I love it! Only change it if you're really unhappy with your colour, not the fact that a lot of other people are going for it too.
MizzCupcakes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You should come back after the summer and ask the same thing and then we can boost your confidence since you're not actually doing it now :lolwut:

besides you can always colour it red again if you don't like the brown colour :dontknow: I think you should go blue :sexface:

otherwise I don't see the problem, don't care about the people you are supposed to go against your parents as a teen not think they're right..they are wrong...now go dye it brown! :fuhrer:
MizzCupcakes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Do you dress and act like a chav too? :eyeball:

if the answer is no then who cares, you probably don't look like a chav. My hair is black should I colour it green so that I won't look like everyone I don't like :hmmm: does not make sense, I think you should get the confidence and courage not to care what the chavs look like and do whatever you want :yep:
salty_candy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't want to look like a bandwagon jumper, because i had red hair before all these chavs who tbh I really don't want to be associated with.
Maybe you should, y'know, get over yourself
member398873
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I know how you feel! I've always dyed my hair jet black, but I remember when Katie Price dyed her hair super dark and suddenly I had a million girls walking around my school with blackblack hair but ginger/blonde eyebrows...it looked ridiculous.

I think you should experiment with the dark brown. Use a semi-permanent so it will fade if you want to go back to red
oodlesofpoodles
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have Exactly the same problem, I think the actual style of your hair has a lot to do with it though. You won't look like a chav if your hair isn't styled that way. So I've kept my red hair because I love it so much and I don't look like a chav so it doesn't matter
G550NDH
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
PICS ?
Perky perks
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lechaton-x)
Use a semi-permanent so it will fade if you want to go back to red
<<<same idea basically... semi permanent works really well to cover other colours and will still wash out and its relatively cheap specially for superdrug or something.... theyre easy to use
musicforsanity
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You could try a deep/darker auburn colour just as a middle ground? See how that goes?
Is it semi-permanent you use at the moment?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (312)
37.68%
No - but I will (64)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
47.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise