Left my Belongings in a hotel that is now ceased in trading Watch

Miss.Boo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Im not sure what to do...

I stayed at a hotel about 7 days ago, and I thought it would be clever to hide my purse/cards/money under the mattress!! whilst I left the room to go out.

Roll on the next morning I forgot about doing this (I was abit drunk) and i left the hotel thinking it had been stolen.

So,I finally remember and try to phone the hotel but they have, as of yesterday, ceased trading :-S What the hell can I do?

They are apparently not responding to emails on email, Is it possible the hotel itself is still open?

Thanks for any help guys!
haveyoumetmissjones
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm really sorry to be rude but what the ****?

Do you know if the hotel is part of an umbrella company? And if it has ceased trading would there be any staff there to let you in? And I doubt that it would still be open.

Good luck though.
tigermoth99
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
what hotel is this?

you could call the administrators (if they've been appointed) and see if your stuff has been handed in

old belongings might still be there
TheFlyingDutchman
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Miss.Boo)
Im not sure what to do...

I stayed at a hotel about 7 days ago, and I thought it would be clever to hide my purse/cards/money under the mattress!! whilst I left the room to go out.

Roll on the next morning I forgot about doing this (I was abit drunk) and i left the hotel thinking it had been stolen.

So,I finally remember and try to phone the hotel but they have, as of yesterday, ceased trading :-S What the hell can I do?

They are apparently not responding to emails on email, Is it possible the hotel itself is still open?

Thanks for any help guys!

A bit drunk ? You must of been hammered.

Ceased trading ? Have you considered going down there and seeing if someone will let you in ?

Even if you get in the chances that housekeeping have not robbed of with them are pretty slim. Unless you think people that have just been laid of are going to be honest enough to hand stuff in to lost and found ?
Miss.Boo
Rep:
?
Thanks for the reply

Incase you think I purposely did it... no. I left my belongings there before I left the room to go out, not before I checked out.

It does have a small chain of hotels, and I think they are still open.
So there may be staff still in the building?? I think ill drive down tommorrow and see if they are open
Miss.Boo
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheFlyingDutchman)
A bit drunk ? You must of been hammered.

Ceased trading ? Have you considered going down there and seeing if someone will let you in ?

Even if you get in the chances that housekeeping have not robbed of with them are pretty slim. Unless you think people that have just been laid of are going to be honest enough to hand stuff in to lost and found ?
Ok yeah I was very drunk when I decided to hide my things.

I agree my chances are slim, BUT what are the chances of a housekeeper lifting up a mattress to clean or whatever when the company has ceased trading and doesnt have guests?
tigermoth99
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The administrators might have retained a skeleton staff to deal with bookings, ensuring the hotel is in a saleable state etc

So it might be possible your belongings might have been found
Miss.Boo
Rep:
?
(Original post by tigermoth99)
what hotel is this?

you could call the administrators (if they've been appointed) and see if your stuff has been handed in

old belongings might still be there
Thank you for your helpful reply, the hotel is called Park Inn. Do you know how would I go about finding out who the adminstrators are?
TheFlyingDutchman
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Miss.Boo)
Ok yeah I was very drunk when I decided to hide my things.

I agree my chances are slim, BUT what are the chances of a housekeeper lifting up a mattress to clean or whatever when the company has ceased trading and doesnt have guests?
Right I understand that.

However if it has ceased trading who really has any reason to be in the building ? The only way this will work is if you manage to get in contact with a manger or something.

Have you tries looking for mobile numbers ? Some of the higher profile staff may have mobile numbers listed on the site. They may still be working.
tigermoth99
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thank you for your helpful reply, the hotel is called Park Inn. Do you know how would I go about finding out who the adminstrators are?
Do they have a website? it might be listed there

Otherwise call the hotel and see if the manager is still there, he/she would be able to tell you
hypocriticaljap
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
don't waste your time, your gear has gone!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (356)
37.59%
No - but I will (74)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (66)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (451)
47.62%

Watched Threads