Lancaster College Rooms Watch

butterflytears
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
Ok how do i hide a whole in my wall which isnt written down on the inventory sheet?!
LittleMiss
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
erm a poster works well....they dont check under them for now at least thats what my friend has done...then get a tester pot of the paint on the wall and repaint it before you leave. if its a big hole get some polly filler in there first.
butterflytears
Report 13 years ago
good idea but is your friend in cartmel? Cos we arent allowed posters here!?
LubyLoo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by butterflytears)
We are allowed posters in Lonsdale, and seeming as they are the same buildings I don't see why Cartmel should be any different. If you use white tack it should be fine.
Retardchar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Originally Posted by butterflytears
Psch, who obeys that rule anyway? I have loooooooads of posters up, my plan is to go with the tester pot idea at the end of the year if the blu-tac leaves any marks/pulls paint of the wall... *cough* not that that's happened already or anything... :p:
Lenneh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We got another note from the cleaning supervisor today telling us to wash up. That's our 4th now, what's an average amount for a term?
Retardchar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Originally Posted by Lenneh
We got another note from the cleaning supervisor today telling us to wash up. That's our 4th now, what's an average amount for a term?
We've had none so far this term so neeeeeer. :p: *goodytwoshoes*
LubyLoo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Retardchar)
We've had none so far this term so neeeeeer. :p: *goodytwoshoes*
Neither have we, and our kitchen is disgusting.
Lenneh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wow, ours must be dreadful then! :p:
Retardchar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My friends in Bowland have had the threat of a fine because their kitchen was so bad, so you're not tooooo bad. :p:
ribenacreep
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
does anyone else smoke in their non smoking kitchen? theyve threatened with fines but every day the cleaner must see ash trays and stuff and noone does anything about it so huh?
Lenneh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ribenacreep)
does anyone else smoke in their non smoking kitchen? theyve threatened with fines but every day the cleaner must see ash trays and stuff and noone does anything about it so huh?
I've no idea whether my kitchen is smoking or non-smoking, I guess they're all non-smoking? Luckily no-one in my flat smokes, can't stand it! :p:

The cleaning supervisor came around again today to check on us, but it was all good One of my flatmates and I washed up aaaall the crap, she did say if it happened again we'd get fined though, uh-oh!
charliehogg
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LubyLoo)
Neither have we, and our kitchen is disgusting.
haha well u havent seen a county west kitchen espec after they used the foam fire extinguisher to put a fire out.... dishes.. food and powedery foam everywhere and all we get was another note..
lancaster_lad
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Pendle College rooms (where I am) are generally quite good. I was toying with the idea of going en-suite but decided against. I can honestly say I have not had one problem with sharing a shower and loo (so far!) and the benefit you get is that they're cleaned for you too.

Best thing i'd recommend all new students to do is come to the campus and have a wander about. If you want to have a closer look at a particular college then PM someone on this forum and ask if you can have a look at their room and flat when you come to Lancaster (worst they can say is no!).
judge john
Report 13 years ago
well i live in Lonsdale and our rooms 'where' nice before we came. mines fine, apart form a few small holes in the wall, which where there when i moved in but i didn't hand in my inventory (i mean it was fresher’s!).
one of my flat mates managed to break the door of his nice new fitted wardrobe creating 4 rather large holes in the wood. but filler and a screw driver works wonders!
another flat mate also managed to break the thing that makes the fire door closed which then scratched the paint of his wall. so looks like some decorating may be needed come May.
and finally the best one is that we needed an entire wall re-plastered. so be warned that the plaster board is very weak. some of my housemates where having a pretend fight when one pushed the other through the wall, leading to a 200quid repair cost!
notice none of these involve me .
LubyLoo
Rep:
?
(Original post by judge john)
well i live in Lonsdale and our rooms 'where' nice before we came. mines fine, apart form a few small holes in the wall, which where there when i moved in but i didn't hand in my inventory (i mean it was fresher’s!).
one of my flat mates managed to break the door of his nice new fitted wardrobe creating 4 rather large holes in the wood. but filler and a screw driver works wonders!
another flat mate also managed to break the thing that makes the fire door closed which then scratched the paint of his wall. so looks like some decorating may be needed come May.
and finally the best one is that we needed an entire wall re-plastered. so be warned that the plaster board is very weak. some of my housemates where having a pretend fight when one pushed the other through the wall, leading to a 200quid repair cost!
notice none of these involve me .
This wasn't in House 36 by any chance?
judge john
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LubyLoo)
This wasn't in House 36 by any chance?
LMAO. ot oh! seems like you may have been in .
since then we now have 2 new possible fines. 1 for breaking the fire alarm panel £100!! and another for having Cartmels dead giant Christmas tree in the front door. i don't know how it happens to us.
P.S. while i was there is wasn't me!
judge john
Report 13 years ago
now i defiantly know how you knew. i can see our kitchen from your room picture .
LubyLoo
Rep:
?
(Original post by judge john)
now i defiantly know how you knew. i can see our kitchen from your room picture .
Nah I live in House 36.
judge john
Report 13 years ago
it's those paper cut outs that confused me as flat 8 in our house also has them.
so on closer inspection i see you on the slightly mysterious second floor . you people have a very lot of alcohol in you kitchen window.
P.S. we cleaned up the tree left over’s, well as good as the rubbish hover would.!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1385)
79.55%
Leave (356)
20.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed