Asking for references. Watch

Veldrin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Well I got an interview for a part time placement at a Sainsburys garage but they told me I needed new references as my current employer is related to me and my supervisor in the labour party is a close friend, so they told me to ask my uni lecturers. Problem is I'm not particularly adept at writing emails and just wanted to check if what I had was acceptable.

"I am currently applying for a new job and I was wondering if it would be acceptable for me to pass on your contact details to act as a reference on my behalf

Thanks in advance"

Not enough? Something missing?
threeportdrift
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Veldrin)
Well I got an interview for a part time placement at a Sainsburys garage but they told me I needed new references as my current employer is related to me and my supervisor in the labour party is a close friend, so they told me to ask my uni lecturers. Problem is I'm not particularly adept at writing emails and just wanted to check if what I had was acceptable.

"I am currently applying for a new job and I was wondering if it would be acceptable for me to pass on your contact details to act as a reference on my behalf

Thanks in advance"

Not enough? Something missing?
It's a bit clipped. You are really asking them if they would be a referee, the sending details would come later. You might mention what the job is and what skills/attributes the employer might be asking about.
username710859
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Attach a copy of your CV and explain why you are applying for the job and that they have asked you to contact suitable people which would be the person your emailing because blah blah
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (503)
37.65%
No - but I will (103)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (638)
47.75%

Watched Threads