golf or audi which one i should go for? Watch

Mr kkk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
im going to get a car for my second year in uni cause im gone move out of hall , so my parents gone get me a car , we went to dealers on the other day saw a a3 full options about 23 k plus insurance afther bargain it is about 21 k and there is another choice a golf TDI 13k full options insurance will be 1.5k it's 14.5 k in total , which one i should go for? audi or VW. ( don't call me spoil brat, my dad drives bentley so he does not want me to drive old car cause it is dangerous and it is not like spoil me my brother drives bmw m3 he is spoil not me )
Lyndon1504
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You are spoil
Walter Ego
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
And he's already decided on the dull as ditchwater Audi.
GenialGermanGent
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Walter Ego)
And he's already decided on the dull as ditchwater Audi.
... as opposed to an exuberantly exciting Golf TDI
joerichards2427
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i am not going to call you spoilt, but i will call you lucky! you have the choice between two VERY good cars, so my opinion?

My dad has had an Audi A8 for the past 4 years and it has been great - no problems and the people at the service garage are really friendly and helpful... although we have just bought a VW Polo for me to drive as my first car, and the problems aren't too bad, but the people at the garage just aren't that friendly!

also, audi keep their value longer, so when you want to sell it, you can keep a higher percentage of the money! Also, audi is just a generally more recognised brand... they are MUCH better than volkswagens in general, and there are LOTS of golfs on the road, so just get the audi!

enjoy, and stay safe !
muffingg
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ask your dad to buy you a Bentley as well.
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mr kkk)
im going to get a car for my second year in uni cause im gone move out of hall , so my parents gone get me a car , we went to dealers on the other day saw a a3 full options about 23 k plus insurance afther bargain it is about 21 k and there is another choice a golf TDI 13k full options insurance will be 1.5k it's 14.5 k in total , which one i should go for? audi or VW. ( don't call me spoil brat, my dad drives bentley so he does not want me to drive old car cause it is dangerous and it is not like spoil me my brother drives bmw m3 he is spoil not me )
It's not that dangerous to drive an old car. I'd go for the Golf, simply because if you drive an Audi around university (you realise most students don't even take their cars to uni............?) you're going to look a prize idiot, and it's highly likely it'll get damaged by some student who thinks it's funny to take a key to the paintwork.
Dan9878
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
BMWs are better than Audis in my opinion. I'd get a 330d/335d if i was you.
pyuicd
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Both nice cars. Go for cheaper one first maybe, and ask for the difference in cash?
TurboCretin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rascacielos)
It's not that dangerous to drive an old car. I'd go for the Golf, simply because if you drive an Audi around university (you realise most students don't even take their cars to uni............?) you're going to look a prize idiot, and it's highly likely it'll get damaged by some student who thinks it's funny to take a key to the paintwork.
If the old car is another Bentley, then it's dangerous for a learner.

Also, OP, saying you're not spoilt because your dad has a Bentley and your brother a BMW is like saying Bin Laden wasn't evil because Hitler existed.

P.S. I find grammar comes in handy for constructing sentences OP. Give it a whirl some time.
Walter Ego
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil)
... as opposed to an exuberantly exciting Golf TDI
You have a point

(Original post by joerichards2427)
the people at the service garage are really friendly and helpful
As they charge you £100+/hr And then there's the parts prices :eek: It always amused me when Audi and VW shared dealerships, that Audi owners were happy to have exactly the same technicians as VW owners fix their cars, and pay £20/hr more just because their car had four rings on the boot. It is one of the reasons VAG separated the dealerships. My Skoda has a great many parts with Audi stamped on them
joerichards2427
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Walter Ego)
You have a point

As they charge you £100+/hr And then there's the parts prices :eek: It always amused me when Audi and VW shared dealerships, that Audi owners were happy to have exactly the same technicians as VW owners fix their cars, and pay £20/hr more just because their car had four rings on the boot. It is one of the reasons VAG separated the dealerships. My Skoda has a great many parts with Audi stamped on them
oh shut up.. do you don't know what you're talking about!! :P

anyways, i actually agree with you!! the four rings on the front of the audi make them worth double the price!! the chassis for most of their cars are the same actually, like the Golf and the A4, and the Passat/Jetta and the A6!!

but get the audi! this guy who asked the question is obviously rich, so pay for the better car!! hahah
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Both boring choices, for £20k you can get sooooo much more which would actually be exciting and interesting to drive rather than a boring diesel eurobox.
joerichards2427
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gbduo)
Both boring choices, for £20k you can get sooooo much more which would actually be exciting and interesting to drive rather than a boring diesel eurobox.
REALLY?! he wants one that is safe, and not too big, as he is a learner!

so i now give you the opportunity to offer some other ideas! what other suitable cars did you have in mind...?!
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
REALLY?! he wants one that is safe, and not too big, as he is a learner!

so i now give you the opportunity to offer some other ideas! what other suitable cars did you have in mind...?!
Where did he say he was a learner, or that he wants a safe car that is not too big. :confused:
Dude Where's My Username
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Peasant. We all roll in Maybachs round here :pierre:
joerichards2427
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gbduo)
Where did he say he was a learner, or that he wants a safe car that is not too big. :confused:
hahahah you make a good point! looks like i was mistaken... "You 1 - 0 Me"

well, still, go for the audi anyways.. :P
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hahahah you make a good point! looks like i was mistaken... "You 1 - 0 Me"

well, still, go for the audi anyways.. :P
Nah, you can get a used BMW M5 for that £25k now. 507bhp and a V10. And it would beat his brothers M3. Hell to the yeh.
Walter Ego
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
'Beat' can be very subjective. For example, on a cross Europe road trip, the frequency of fuel stops would mean a Daewoo Matiz might be quicker as the M5's tank needs filling every 45 minutes. Also, it has long been proven that a 335D can out-sprint the M5 from 30-70 (M5 3.6s, 335D 3.4s), which is the better way of measuring driving performance than 0-60 and that is before the 335D is map'd easily and cheaply to 350bhp and 500 torque, and still get 45+mpg. The lighter car would also be more nimble on twisty roads, where both of them would be annihilated by something like a Subaru Impreza or Mitsubishi Evo. £22k would easily get you into the territory of Spec-C, Type RA-R and Type 25 Impreza's, and those things leave Ferrari's for dead on the road, although their image leaves a lot to be desired.
Planar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Golf. Always liked how they look...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (432)
37.5%
No - but I will (87)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (79)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (554)
48.09%

Watched Threads