Hit me wth your best pork chop recipe... Watch

George Agdgdgwngo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Fancy a pork chop for dinner, and TSRians can normally come up with decent recipes.

Hit me. Preferably without apples.

Hit me.
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I mostly tend to do them along the lines of this - marinated in soy sauce (I don't use as much as the recipe though, just do it by eye), a good amount of garlic, bit of ginger (not a massive ginger fan), red chilli flakes and a bit of sugar. With roasted vegetables, rice, whatever. Or sometimes I just chuck a bit of 'steak seasoning' on some chops and do them with sweet potato mash and gravy. I always grill them, I seem to be no good at judging timings with other methods and they always end up too dry, blergh. Always end up lovely and tender when I grill them!
Teao the Cat
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
In a mustard sauce: coat the chop in dijon mustard and brown it with a chopped onion in a little oil in a frying pan. Scoop out the chop and add in some pork or vegetable stock, stirring up all the cooked mustard that has been let behind. Reduce it, adding a little more mustard to thicken if needed. Also good with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup in there.

I do it on mash- mmmmm.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.48%
No - but I will (76)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.91%

Watched Threads