The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
psychic_satori
I tried to find something Christmas-y. I was going to do a thing from It's a Wonderful Life, but all of the pictures I found were too big for it to look decent as an avatar. So, since I like White Christmas, I picked Bing...I figured nobody would know who Danny Kaye was. :smile:

Edit: But don't worry, my old buddy Jimmy Stewart from Mr. Smith Goes To Washington shall return in a couple of weeks :biggrin:

Victoria, funny. I'd spot Danny Kaye in a minute.

BTW1, I meant to tell you, but forgot. Mr. Smith goes to Washington was on the Telly a few weeks ago.........I smiled when I saw it in the guide.

BTW2 How many people do you think spotted Bing?

BTW3............only me.....I'll bet

BTW4..........Bring back "the streetcar named desire" guy.
Reply 101
psychic_satori
I tried to find something Christmas-y. I was going to do a thing from It's a Wonderful Life, but all of the pictures I found were too big for it to look decent as an avatar. So, since I like White Christmas, I picked Bing...I figured nobody would know who Danny Kaye was. :smile:

Edit: But don't worry, my old buddy Jimmy Stewart from Mr. Smith Goes To Washington shall return in a couple of weeks :biggrin:

BTW1, I meant to tell you, but forgot. Mr. Smith goes to Washington was on the Telly a few weeks ago.........I smiled when I saw it in the guide.

Reply 102
psychic_satori
Also, there are recreational purposes for firearms.
Yes, I mentioned this before, we enjoy are Saturday night drive by shootings.
Reply 103
psychic_satori
Also, there are recreational purposes for firearms.
Yes, I mentioned this before, we enjoy are Saturday night drive by shootings.
Reply 104
No way should the Police be armed.... There are enough idiots in the police and I dread to think what would happen if they all had guns....

I think that being armed in the Police should be a priveledge for the well trained and I think they are very good at their job... However it would scare me having all Police armed all the time....
Reply 105
No way should the Police be armed.... There are enough idiots in the police and I dread to think what would happen if they all had guns....

I think that being armed in the Police should be a priveledge for the well trained and I think they are very good at their job... However it would scare me having all Police armed all the time....
Douglas

I'll work on it :wink:
Douglas

I'll work on it :wink:
Reply 108
Carl
So you are now arguing that handguns are as essential to humanity as motor cars? Don't make me laugh!

No. My point is that cars are abused with deadlier effect than hand guns.

--------------

Carl
And I believe the real reason for the handgun ban was for short term political reasons. I reckon the government could lift the ban tommorrow and not one person would notice.

Apart from gun shops and gun clubs who would notice a 10000 fold increase in business and membership respectively.
Reply 109
Carl
So you are now arguing that handguns are as essential to humanity as motor cars? Don't make me laugh!

--------------

Carl
And I believe the real reason for the handgun ban was for short term political reasons. I reckon the government could lift the ban tommorrow and not one person would notice.

Apart from gun shops and gun clubs who would notice a 10000 fold increase in business and membership respectively.
Reply 110
Howard
only because the opportunity arises more often.
Reply 111
Howard
only because the opportunity arises more often.
Reply 112
Howard

--------------

What I meant is I bet with Dunblane being a fading memory there would be nowhere near the clamour there was in 1997 to have them banned. Of course gun shops and clubs would notice a change. Maybe next time I'll spell it out for you.
Reply 113
Howard

--------------

What I meant is I bet with Dunblane being a fading memory there would be nowhere near the clamour there was in 1997 to have them banned. Of course gun shops and clubs would notice a change. Maybe next time I'll spell it out for you.
Carl

I think we may have done dramatised version of the Dunblane tragedy in Drama class.

It was quite sad actually, reading about it, I was pretty young when it happened so I hardly noticed at the time.
Carl

I think we may have done dramatised version of the Dunblane tragedy in Drama class.

It was quite sad actually, reading about it, I was pretty young when it happened so I hardly noticed at the time.
Howard
Absolutely. Guns are fun! Anybody who's ever shot an Uzi on a range will testify to that.

Quite honestly I really have to question the sexuality of any man that doesn't like guns.

Bunch of fags. :biggrin: :rolleyes:

Now, now. Someone's got a bit of sexual repression/transference* built up there. How about a Pink Pistols membership? :smile:

* Feel free to insert (huh huh... I said 'insert') Freudian/Jungian jargon of choice.
Howard
Absolutely. Guns are fun! Anybody who's ever shot an Uzi on a range will testify to that.

Quite honestly I really have to question the sexuality of any man that doesn't like guns.

Bunch of fags. :biggrin: :rolleyes:

Now, now. Someone's got a bit of sexual repression/transference* built up there. How about a Pink Pistols membership? :smile:

* Feel free to insert (huh huh... I said 'insert') Freudian/Jungian jargon of choice.
Reply 118
Carl

Was there a clamour in 1997 to have them banned? From the public? Or just from the government? It's a genuine question btw, I wasn't in the UK in 97.

Wasn't Dunblane in 1996? I'm sure it was because I was living in a log cabin in Guatemala at the time and heard it on the BBC World Service.
Reply 119
Carl

Was there a clamour in 1997 to have them banned? From the public? Or just from the government? It's a genuine question btw, I wasn't in the UK in 97.

Wasn't Dunblane in 1996? I'm sure it was because I was living in a log cabin in Guatemala at the time and heard it on the BBC World Service.

Latest

Trending

Trending