meeting a girl off the internet Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
hey people.

I met this girl online and she seems great and we both want to meet up. i'm aware of all the safe practices of meeting someone off the internet so don't need help there. problem is, now i'm slightly paranoid. i suggested as a joke that what if she did turn out to be a 40 year old man when i met 'her'. then got thinking,
i can only see her profile pictures on facebook, even though i've asked a couple of times for her to change her setting so i can see any shes tagged in.
her facebook profile appears young and only goes back a few months as far as i can see.
i cant see her friends list, and only 6 people have ever commented on her page or photos ever. of these friends 2 guys appear to be genuine and have photos and numerous other friends, but the girls all have maximum security setting so no friends lists or photos either to make them clearly genuine either.
made me suspicious that what if i really am dealing with a fake person here...

any suggestions or comments as to how i can figure out whats going on?
thanks
Dreamseeker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hmm. The Facebook thing makes it sound very suspicious indeed! How about you add her from another MSN account and test her (subtley) to see if the information she's given you matches up. Also be aware, that if it IS a man acting as a girl, it would probably be for, er, sexual purposes? If it's a very 'sexually' based relationship, I'd be wary. Basically if 'she' behaves as an overly horny man would, watch out! Also, I find it strange that you would meet somebody off of the internet without having added them to Facebook first? That's a minimum requirement thesedays.
secret_geek
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have my tagged photos on facebook hidden and I am real, just saying
UnknwnEntity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Got MSN OP?
http://blog.game-resources.com/uploa...gamer_girl.jpg
Implo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Make sure you meet somewhere public or soemthing.
laura_802
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hey people.

I met this girl online and she seems great and we both want to meet up. i'm aware of all the safe practices of meeting someone off the internet so don't need help there. problem is, now i'm slightly paranoid. i suggested as a joke that what if she did turn out to be a 40 year old man when i met 'her'. then got thinking,
i can only see her profile pictures on facebook, even though i've asked a couple of times for her to change her setting so i can see any shes tagged in.
her facebook profile appears young and only goes back a few months as far as i can see.
i cant see her friends list, and only 6 people have ever commented on her page or photos ever. of these friends 2 guys appear to be genuine and have photos and numerous other friends, but the girls all have maximum security setting so no friends lists or photos either to make them clearly genuine either.
made me suspicious that what if i really am dealing with a fake person here...

any suggestions or comments as to how i can figure out whats going on?
thanks
How long have you been talking to her for? Has she ever said anything else to make you feel uncomfortable? Like someone previously said, meet her in a public place. Or you could make it a double date and take a friend? x
RequiemForADream
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (112)
38.89%
No - but I will (13)
4.51%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (143)
49.65%

Watched Threads