Car Parking! Watch

tennisp1ayer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,

I'm hopefully going to starting on Primary BEd course in September and at current I'm trying to sort out accommodation!
I really would prefer to stay at De Hav as that is where my course takes place but I would also like to take my car to uni!
Is parking at De Hav completely out the question or is there are any places you can park close by in a residential area or any other options which people get away with doing?

Cheers:auto:
GBateman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
From what I've read; if you plan on bringing your car to the university you should not apply for accommodation at De Havilland
DoktaUH
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tennisp1ayer)
Hi,

I'm hopefully going to starting on Primary BEd course in September and at current I'm trying to sort out accommodation!
I really would prefer to stay at De Hav as that is where my course takes place but I would also like to take my car to uni!
Is parking at De Hav completely out the question or is there are any places you can park close by in a residential area or any other options which people get away with doing?

Cheers:auto:
There is no allocated parking on DeHav for residents of the halls, you can park nearby if you so wish but if something happens it'll be your own fault and the uni wont help.
chriscpritchard
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DoktaUH)
There is no allocated parking on DeHav for residents of the halls, you can park nearby if you so wish but if something happens it'll be your own fault and the uni wont help.
You strictly speaking aren't allowed a car on de hav or any nearby residential areas. There are areas near college lane (bishops rise, near roberts way) that you can park on the road, or you can park at the long stay car park in the town centre if you don't mind a walk. The residential areas near De Hav are clamping zones and the university will ticket anyone who parks on de hav.
DoktaUH
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chriscpritchard)
You strictly speaking aren't allowed a car on de hav or any nearby residential areas. There are areas near college lane (bishops rise, near roberts way) that you can park on the road, or you can park at the long stay car park in the town centre if you don't mind a walk. The residential areas near De Hav are clamping zones and the university will ticket anyone who parks on de hav.
Didn't know they'd made areas off-campus near DeHav clamping zones, people were always parking there...guess thats why then.
chriscpritchard
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DoktaUH)
Didn't know they'd made areas off-campus near DeHav clamping zones, people were always parking there...guess thats why then.
Thankfully, soon it will be against the law to clamp people... It really isn't well signposted!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All subjects Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Jun '19
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
    All Subjects Postgraduate
    Wed, 6 Nov '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads