The new Wii (possibly outperforming the PS3) Watch

high
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I just found out that Nintendo are doing to release the second version of a WII that could be possibly outperforming the PS3. Which is currently the most powerful console (if you exclude PCs). Now I highly doubt that it will outperform the PS3 but it is possible and if it does it's going to be expensive.

Now Nintendo have personally confirmed that it's coming out and it's currently under the name "Project Cafe"

The Facts
  • It will be more powerful then the current XBOX 360 (Hardware wise)
  • You can play your original WII libary and Game cube libary
  • A playable version for everyone will be available at 2011's E3
  • Will have a new type of control mechanism

I will update this thread as more information arises.
Future Ingenieur
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"Outperforming PS3"?
Don't think so, I think Nintendo will stick to their innovative strategy.
Hylean
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Got a link to Nintendo's official statement?
Leon Trotsky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can't wait to see if the rumours of the tablet-esque controllers are true. Although, if they are going to make this new console as, or more, powerful than the 360 and PS3, they'll surely have to charge similar prices, which would alienate casual gamers who aren't willing to shill out more than £200 for a console.
high
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hylean)
Got a link to Nintendo's official statement?
Hmm I tried to find it but It just wasn't there it was just articles saying that it's been officially confirmed but not the actual statement itself. I did find a link done by IGN that discusses some of the rumours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMpXDuuFzhc
Hylean
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've seen the rumours, right down to the specs involved, but nothing linking an official statement or even a quote.
House MD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hylean)
I've seen the rumours, right down to the specs involved, but nothing linking an official statement or even a quote.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...px?PageIndex=2

Unless you mean confirmation of the specs - I don't know about that. The console has been confirmed though.
Xhotas
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My prediction is the Wii-2 will be a bust compared to the first Wii sales. The reason why the first Wii was so successful was due to its casual gaming audiences, to the point where mums and grannys wanted one. But with the Wii-2, why would they shell out for another console when the first one suits all their needs? They won't spend £250 for a HD Wii, all they wanted was the casual games and the Wii Sport.

I really doubt they can top it tbh. Especially with Kinnect out now soaking up the casual gamers, why would they spend another £200 for it? It depends on what they bring to the table, which I doubt they'll top. Especially if it's a table-top controller like someone suggested.
username239687
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
go nintendo! Your brand new console out performs hardware that's years old? WHERE CAN I GET ONE?

Also, the ps3, on paper might be the most powerful. But for gaming the most powerful is actually the xbox360 due to how the RAM is split up in the Ps3.
high
Rep:
?
(Original post by ToastyCoke)
go nintendo! Your brand new console out performs hardware that's years old? WHERE CAN I GET ONE?
Made my lol:rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (380)
37.33%
No - but I will (78)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (71)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (489)
48.04%

Watched Threads