Possible eating disorder? Watch
For example, I spent yesterday with her and we went shopping. She would regularly say things to me like:
- “You should try this on in an extra small, it would fit you” despite it obviously not going to as I know the shop’s measurements and I fit into a medium.
- “You’re so skinny” – I’m not, I’m average.
- “You’re skinnier than me” – uhuh, sure. Because a petite size 8 is obviously bigger than a tall size 10.
- “I’m so fat”/”I look huge”/ - provoking a “No, you’re skinny” reassurance.
- “I could never wear those, I’m too fat” – in regard to current fashions, yet she is comfortable in buying bikinis and shorts that barely cover your bum?
We then looked at people's pictures on Facebook, and she would call these tiny girls fat, pointing out non-existant fat on their tummiest. Surely if she had body image issues she wouldn't point out non-existant flaws in others? I'm not comfortable with my figure, therefore I don't critisise anyone elses.
The worrying thing is, when questioned on how she lost weight so quickly, she answers with "eating healthily and exercising". Sure, the foods she eats are healthy, but she's obviously not eating enough. She has a small bowl of cereal (or so she says, she could be lying for all I know) for breakfast, an apple for lunch and usually a stir fry for dinner. She told me she ate a bowl of pasta for dinner the night before and felt guilty.
Do you think she is just looking for attention? She has told me on numerous occasions that her sisters get more attention than her and her parents are always rude to her.