Canon 550D video quality Watch

Jedders
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3cq2RdhOaI

Watch it in 1080p!

For anyone whos interested in seeing the video quality on the 550d, here's a video test I did around london. I used a the 18-58mm kit lens, camera settings were also on default and I used manual focus.

I did some slight colour correction to it on after effects, but not a huge ammount, only a little bit.

The video qualities great, I really reccomend the camera for people who wanna make films, wish I had a 50mm lens though.
Groat
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jedders)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3cq2RdhOaI

Watch it in 1080p!

For anyone whos interested in seeing the video quality on the 550d, here's a video test I did around london. I used a the 18-58mm kit lens, camera settings were also on default and I used manual focus.

I did some slight colour correction to it on after effects, but not a huge ammount, only a little bit.

The video qualities great, I really reccomend the camera for people who wanna make films, wish I had a 50mm lens though.
I love the shot with the waving cats!
Kage
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Really nice!

You will get a lot better quality (sharpness/colour/contrast) and better light performance (less ISO needed) with for example the 50mm 1.8 or 1.4.
I think if you are going to stick with Canon, the 1.4 is certainly worth considering.

Do note however, that if you do get the 50mm, since it is a 1.6X cropped camera, you are going to be getting 80mm, not 50mm.
becks__
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
the 550D is my new upgrade. i don't really need or use video, but i tested it out and loved it and i haven't stopped using it. it's amazing quality.
Kage
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You may also like the new Nikon 5100, but the Canon 550D is a lot cheaper now
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kage)
Really nice!

You will get a lot better quality (sharpness/colour/contrast) and better light performance (less ISO needed) with for example the 50mm 1.8 or 1.4.
I think if you are going to stick with Canon, the 1.4 is certainly worth considering.

Do note however, that if you do get the 50mm, since it is a 1.6X cropped camera, you are going to be getting 80mm, not 50mm.
The Siggy 50mm f1.4 is built better and focusses better Similar kind of money too.
Pop_tart
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Really nice shot and amazing quality!!

I wonder when I ever get to upgrade to something new like this. My EOS 400D is getting old!
Kage
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wow, that lens is huge compared to the Canon offering!
Slightly cheaper though by the looks of things, so I'll certainly look into it, thanks!
GooseNation
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
2:10-2:40 is my favourite. This looks awesome.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (228)
39.31%
No - but I will (40)
6.9%
No - I don't want to (41)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (271)
46.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise