What make up to go with a deep red dress? Watch

Sophie_girl
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
What lipstick can I wear? It's an odd shade so I can't really do red I don't think...

Rosy pink - similar shade to my lips? Or a light nude and dark eyes?
Abi24
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If the dress is a real statement colour, keep your makeup fairly neutral. I hate when people think "oh i'll match my red lippy/blue eyeliner to my gorgeous bright red/blue dress" and don't realise that it's overkill, or worse still get completely clashing shades of the same colour.

Nude lippy is hard to carry off, and as a general rule you aren't meant to make your lips lighter or the same colour as your skin so its hard to always find the right shade. I generally think one lighter than my natural colour lip with a sheer finish so it doesn't look like you've died.
senator88
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Maybe a light smokey eye, a little bit of bronzer, tiny bit of blush and a lipstick not to far from your own colour?
Deema
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Sophie_girl)
What lipstick can I wear? It's an odd shade so I can't really do red I don't think...

Rosy pink - similar shade to my lips? Or a light nude and dark eyes?

Minimal. Don't do completely nude lips, do natural nude like in the picture or maybe just clear lipgloss, line your eyes with a grey or brown if you aren't skilled enough to lightly feather a black right in between your eyelashes. A skin coloured shimmery/ satin eye shadow, black mascara, natural blush, try not to use too much foundation/ powder. You'll feel much fresher and look a lot better. If your make up is dark or obvious with a dark, deep or statement dress you'll look overdone and haggard.
blinkbelle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have a lovely shimmery nude lippy reviewed in my blog I think nude would be the best, with a understated eye make up (maybe black liner and mascara and a shimmer shadow) xx
elliejellie3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would do a brown smokey eye with a pinky nude lipstick such as MAC lipstick in Angel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (228)
39.31%
No - but I will (40)
6.9%
No - I don't want to (41)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (271)
46.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise