Science A-Level in one year Watch

BustyLaRouge
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, I really need some advice because the internet/school aren't being very helpful. Basically I'm currently doing my A2s. I haven't applied to uni yet because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, but now I'm pretty sure I want to do something biology related. Unfortunately most universities want 2 sciences - I only have an A level in Biology. I'm on good stead for getting an A in it, but I ideally need two and I didn't do well in my chemistry AS level, I got an E even with working hard. Is it possible to do an extra science in a year? and is it worth retrying chemistry in a year? I read that it's something incredibly hard and I really don't know what to do. I do two other essay subjects and so psychology is something I'm wary of.

Any advice or ideas would be great. Thanks
SemperVivum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wouldn't try chemistry in a year - its hard and if you struggled at AS then it is putting a lot of pressure on yourself. How is your maths? That's an easy-ish A-level to do in a year - no practicals so it is easy to study independently and enter the exam as a private candidate and with lots of practice most people can get good grades.
BustyLaRouge
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Heh, my maths is awful. I really struggled at GCSE to get a B which I think is why I struggled with Chemistry at A-level because there is a lot of understanding of mathematical equations. I've been leaning more towards psychology, but I've not really heard of anyone trying to do it in a year .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (399)
37.64%
No - but I will (82)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (75)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (504)
47.55%

Watched Threads