Do I study Business Studies A level to do Business at university Watch

madferit-lfc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello. I've chosen politics, maths, history and economics and AS critical thinking as A levels but I'll probably want to do a Business Studies degree at Liverpool. Do I need to do Business studies A level in order to take it? I'm doing Business Studies GCSE at the moment but will that be enough for some background knowledge or will it be completely different? The reason I didn't take BS A level is because I've heard that the top universities regard it as a 'soft' subject compared to history and maths. Will economics be acceptable?

Thanks
therealOG
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You don't need to do Business Studies at A-level at all to do it at university. Apart from it being regarded as a soft subject, Economics will be much more respectable on your application.
Theconomist
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Economics>business studies at A level.

Also think of another business degree instead of studies.. something like accounting or management.They are both much more respected
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Liverpool John Moores University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • Liverpool John Moores University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 7 Nov '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise