Need help with my diet Watch

LeaX
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, so I'm a 16 year old female, 9 stone 1lb and 5ft6.5". I'm looking to lose around a stone in weight as quickly, yet healthily, as possible.

I've been on an on/off diet for the whole of 2011 so far, and I've lost a stone which I guess is kinda good considering I have cheated in my diet numerous times. However, I'm starting to feel more pressurised to be thin and I've been having unhealthy thoughts. Today, for instance, I've only ate one meal which was 372 calories. So, I figured I needed a strict diet plan to encourage me to follow through with it.

This is my current diet plan:
Breakfast: Porridge (187 calories) OR 2 slices of wholemeal bread with no butter (200 calories)
Lunch: Wholemeal roll with some butter (150-200 cals depending on roll)
Dinner: Varies, usually 300-600 calories. Usually something simple like spag bol, roast, cottage pie, etc...

I need to up my protein and iron intake but I don't really eating meat (I'm not a vegetarian, but other than chicken with my roast I stick to quorn substitures). So, other than sometimes dinner, I'm getting no protein or iron.
getfunky!
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LeaX)
Hi, so I'm a 16 year old female, 9 stone 1lb and 5ft6.5". I'm looking to lose around a stone in weight as quickly, yet healthily, as possible.

I've been on an on/off diet for the whole of 2011 so far, and I've lost a stone which I guess is kinda good considering I have cheated in my diet numerous times. However, I'm starting to feel more pressurised to be thin and I've been having unhealthy thoughts. Today, for instance, I've only ate one meal which was 372 calories. So, I figured I needed a strict diet plan to encourage me to follow through with it.

This is my current diet plan:
Breakfast: Porridge (187 calories) OR 2 slices of wholemeal bread with no butter (200 calories)
Lunch: Wholemeal roll with some butter (150-200 cals depending on roll)
Dinner: Varies, usually 300-600 calories. Usually something simple like spag bol, roast, cottage pie, etc...

I need to up my protein and iron intake but I don't really eating meat (I'm not a vegetarian, but other than chicken with my roast I stick to quorn substitures). So, other than sometimes dinner, I'm getting no protein or iron.
Peanut butter .. it has a lot of protein, but make sure its '100% natural peanut butter' and no oils or additives have been added to it. have it for breakfast, or you could just buy a protein supplement(?)

and make sure you drink plenty of water, and exercise in a healthy manner

other than that, I don't really have the best idea of what a diet plan for females should consist of.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads