Trinity Saint David Vs some other Uni's Watch

acat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Helloo,

I'm trying to decide on what uni to go to this September and it's between Kings College London and Trinity Saint David for Religious Studies.

There's quite a different in prestige but I don't know what I'm looking for, I just have a feeling Kings will be too academically regimental and I much prefer free environments where it's possible to have time to think independently.

Saying this, the fact that I got an unconditional offer from Saint David's put me off a little...... do they just let anyone in? are there any current students that can provide a little insight into the personality of Saint David students? And how about the teaching and institution as a whole, the reviews I read suggest poor management is detrimental to the quality the university offers.

Well to add to that I kind of have to decide between SOAS and Manchester Uni for the same subject.

Sorry for offloading my problems here, but if you have any insights they'd be much appreciated.
jacklew92
Badges: 0
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by acat)
Helloo,

I'm trying to decide on what uni to go to this September and it's between Kings College London and Trinity Saint David for Religious Studies.

There's quite a different in prestige but I don't know what I'm looking for, I just have a feeling Kings will be too academically regimental and I much prefer free environments where it's possible to have time to think independently.

Saying this, the fact that I got an unconditional offer from Saint David's put me off a little...... do they just let anyone in? are there any current students that can provide a little insight into the personality of Saint David students? And how about the teaching and institution as a whole, the reviews I read suggest poor management is detrimental to the quality the university offers.

Well to add to that I kind of have to decide between SOAS and Manchester Uni for the same subject.

Sorry for offloading my problems here, but if you have any insights they'd be much appreciated.
Well obviously the decision can only be made by you, but if I were in your position then I would think very carefully about which university would give me the best prospects after graduation. Yes, consider the area, content of the course and general "feel" of the place, but at the end of the day its a big investment of both time and money, and I personally would need to feel secure regarding prospects afterwards. Basically, I would go for KCL; good location, great worldwide reputation and prestige. There's a lot to consider though, i.e price of accommodation, location and work exp opportunities, and I fully understand your confusion!

Good luck with whichever you choose; try to visit both places if you can
acat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by jacklew92)
Well obviously the decision can only be made by you, but if I were in your position then I would think very carefully about which university would give me the best prospects after graduation. Yes, consider the area, content of the course and general "feel" of the place, but at the end of the day its a big investment of both time and money, and I personally would need to feel secure regarding prospects afterwards. Basically, I would go for KCL; good location, great worldwide reputation and prestige. There's a lot to consider though, i.e price of accommodation, location and work exp opportunities, and I fully understand your confusion!

Good luck with whichever you choose; try to visit both places if you can
Thank you for your reflection, it helped
moorw003
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
To answer your question, yes they do let anyone in, this is a univeristy that pretty much picks up all the underachievers at A Levels. Thats not to say it's bad per se, I haven't got any bad lecturers, the teaching does seem less regimented than you would get from a top uni and the surroundings of Lampeter are picturesque and beautiful.

But I strongly regret coming here and as stated above, I've been lucky enough to be able to bail out for and head to Cardiff for year 2. I think a lot of students here feel the same as me. If you have offers on the table, I strongly suggest looking at better universites if you can get into them. Trinity St David is merging with Swansea Met, Cardiff Institute, Newport and Wrexham Universities in the near future, to create the University of Wales, almagamation of all the rubbish unis.... you don't want to be around for that IMO... as has been proved with last years merger, centralisation causes red tape, draining of funds and decisions made without knowledge of the campus situation. Those combined will be a disaster.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads