What do you think of Beyonce's new song? Watch

The TSR Star.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syCPQH4UQRY

Considering she was so unoriginal and sampled the ENTIRE track of Vybz Kartel/Major Lazer - Pon de floor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxD_7S7bl8k

well done beyonce! not.
Jingers
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Music gets sampled all the time. For her to get her song released, she must've acquired the rights to have done so, i.e. Major Lazer and Vybz Kartel allowed her to do so.
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's a legit sample, it's not like when Lady Gaga steals other people's music without asking and then claims it's her own.

That said, I don't really see any point in the song because it adds nothing to Pon de Floor but alternative vocals...
hali0112
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
personally, I can't stand it! its very lacking lyrically and for such a talented singer it doesn't show off her voice at all. she has so much talent but her music doesn't reflect her talent at all. its not a great choice for a first single. but because its a beyonce song its bound to do well in the charts. its already set to make the top ten in the UK. I'm a fan of some of beyonce's songs like listen, broken hearted girl, deja vu and crazy in love but this is just the lowest of low for her.
nadiaabdulhadi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think its horrible, she has such an amazing voice and shes blatantly wasting it on a song like this. Its too repetative, and not something that is particularly easy to listen too.
CertifiedAngel
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Its ****e
bakamo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't like it! I am not even really a fan of the beat and the Lyrics are LUDICROUS!!!!!!!
sonic20mario
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think this is bs worst single ever

Even worse than video phone
ThemThereEyes
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think the sample is alrite, but her vocals are a bit repetitive.

An OK club track. It might do well if she performs it on TV.
Mysteriouschic
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's terrible I can't listen to it for more than a minute the beat is awful too.
tieyourmotherdown
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If she sampled it she would have had the rights, it's not a risk a major label would take. Either way though, the song is tragically bad.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Pon de Floor is a great track. This is essentially PdF with new vocals, and they aren't great. I'll stick to the original thanks.
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm a big Beyonce fan, but this song is kinda meh. She has done so much better stuff, that this is quite a disappointment :nothing:

I've never heard of Pon De Floor, but I think it's kinda cool. The beat in it is better than in Beyonce's song.
JaiiStarh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I really don't like it at all. I prefer the original. I heard they're no longer going to make it her first single because it's been getting a bad reaction. I think it's just going to be a promo song for the album.
l4ith
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I really like Beyonce but I was kinda disappointed with it. Rumour is that it won't be her first single though, and that this is just a buzz single.

She's releasing the first single off her new album soon, and the leaked snippets sound much better (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdMM5iNW3AA)
User570431
Report 7 years ago
Cat...
cucumber
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There is something extremely annoying about Beyonce. Seems like a complete narcissist, her voice is also extremely annoying. This song nearly sends me into a fit. And not in a good way.
And all these songs 'empowering women' are cringe-worthy.
l4ith
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This video has made me feel better about it however :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k05iT...layer_embedded it's not the official video, but it's damn good :P
goldenGAZE
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It honestly sounds like noise/chanting. I usually like Beyonce but this i could do without.
Turnerf
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hate it.

I dont understand. she went through a really good stage... if i were a boy/ single ladies.

And then she found lady gaga. Need i say more?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (535)
37.84%
No - but I will (110)
7.78%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.79%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (673)
47.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed