Do they contact you with bad news? Watch

XxHelenxX
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hi

Ive applied to six different universities and heard from four. The other two i havent heard anything from. I keep thinking that i have been unsuccesfull but if that is the case, surely they would write to me anyway letting me know....wouldnt they? x
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The unis themselves might not write to you, but ucas certainly would! They have quite a while to make decisions yet anyway!
*soph*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It'd probably show up on Track first anyway.
stratomaster
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you get a recorded message with quite a bit of sniggering in the background
yummyfudge7
Report 13 years ago
You will defo get a letter from UCAS confirming you have been rejected, but the universities may not do directly. This is because it saves them time and money on stamps, not having to reply to everyone they reject. On the other hand, some universities do (if they're nice). Anyhow I wouldn't worry too much about 'bad news' yet as there's plenty of time, and depending on what universities you have applied to will depend upon how long you got to wait for a response.
beach surf babe
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by timhenman)
you get a recorded message with quite a bit of sniggering in the background
Funny!! Whats with your sig btw? Very strange...
dukiegirl
Report 13 years ago
No news is good news! Anyway, I think alot of uni's are quite quick with rejections then take their time over the rest. Good luck!
J4ME5
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
There was a fault on my UCAS form and I got rejected from a uni, I emailed them asking why etc, they gave a reason, then I emailed back saying there was a fault (they thought I was doing an AS but I’m doing A2), then the admissions tutor gave me an offer (via email) & said I would receive confirmation before christmas, it says unsuccessful on track & I got the unsuccessful letter (this was only last week). So will/can the offer on track be changed & will I receive a successful letter from UCAS?
J4ME5
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
There was a fault on my UCAS form and I got rejected from a uni, I emailed them asking why etc, they gave a reason, then I emailed back saying there was a fault (they thought I was doing an AS but I’m doing A2), then the admissions tutor gave me an offer (via email) & said I would receive confirmation before christmas, it says unsuccessful on track & I got the unsuccessful letter (this was only last week). So will/can the offer on track be changed & will I receive a successful letter from UCAS?
Yeti-Boy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wow, lucky you checked that! Congratulations with your offer!!
Yeti-Boy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wow, lucky you checked that! Congratulations with your offer!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (41)
27.7%
No - I got the required grades (89)
60.14%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (18)
12.16%

Watched Threads