?
Report 7 years ago
Get near perfect marks.
Sokka
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
there's no exact answer. I believe people get a*'s in their own way. You can try practising answering exam questions because as daunting as it may seem, it's the only way you will get to grips with the subject. Also, know all your poems well, and for each poem have your own personal opinion on things such as Language, structure and intentions to get into the a* band; try being original. One last thing I suggest is to literally get a dictionary and look for good describing words and then make up your own question (random as it may be) such as: Describe a place in your local park. You can then try using the words you've learnt. In English language (unlike literature) spellings and punctuation/grammar actually matter. Also, try getting your paragraphing PERFECT - it's no good having half-descent paragraphing when the examiner knows you've probably been studying English since Year 1 if you've been in this country that is. I suggest you go for the "Describe" question after you've practised writing to describe well.

Good luck!
noma5
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you're talking about English then when it comes to writing a story you need to think out of the box and have a twist at the end of it. E.g. Describe someone important to you. I remember reading one example of a person who had written abot how their father was a loaf of bread or something like that. Don't be obvious. Use a variety of language as well. For the poems just know them inside out and think of your own way of analysing etc and get the highest marks possible in coursework.
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (215)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
6.93%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.57%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.26%

Watched Threads