If I'm a main driver and........................ Watch

sunnyskem
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
i add a named (he's 15 years older than me) driver onto my policy and he never drives my car does that matter. he has his own car.

IF he crashes in my car, as a named driver will i be at blame vice versa. it will not touch him drives
Emma:-)
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I swear you keep having threads like this, or is it just me.
You can have named drivers on your policy, it doesnt matter if they never drive the car. They are able to drive it if they ever wanted/needed to though.
If he crashes the car, then he is to blame as he crashed the car but you would be claiming on your insurance as its your policy that covers that car. So as its your policy (as he is just a named driver) you will loose your no claims.
DlightSwitch
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No, you're basically just giving him 'permission' to drive your car by insuring him on it, doesn't matter if he never actually does.

If he crashes it and you haven't opted for a 'protected' NCB/NCD, you will lose your NCB. But the accident will not be your fault/linked to you nor will it go on your record.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (308)
37.52%
No - but I will (63)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.38%

Watched Threads