Edexcel Religious Studies A2: Unit 4 Implications Watch

TheZephyr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
What kind of aims should you make when answering the questions a) and b)?

Especially, if the a) question only wants you to explain the passage, how do they expect you to write a 30 mark question for it? Shouldn't the marks be the other way around? a) 20 b) 30?

Because I can't really, personally, find it in myself to write a 30 mark piece about explaining, what sometimes is a short passage, as well as finding anything to talk about without repeating what the passage is already saying.
BustyLaRouge
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm really struggling with this part of the course. All I know in answer to your question is you're meant to try and put the extract in context of the whole article as well as just analyse the extract.
I'm doing the philosophy articles: Ayer, Donovaan and Westphal.
username448002
Report 7 years ago
With part A I think you should be referring to the wider article as well, so don't just discuss the passage you're given. You could also talk about philosophical context, so for Ayer you could do a chunk on logical positivism and how that relates to his article (and then in turn, how logical positivism is influenced by Hume etc.) And also, put in lots and lots and lots of synoptic links where other people have expressed similar ideas to the author.

I'm not completely sure though - I'm finding this really difficult too
BustyLaRouge
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My teacher said the other day that 50% of the answer to A should be about the wider article and 50% should be in depth analysis of the extract.
I think the wider bits such as ethical/religious language for Ayer for example, or religious experience for Donovan should be put in B or to just back up something that is said in A.
fusion12345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
does any1 know what will come up lol

im struggling badly!
BustyLaRouge
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've been told to revise everything because they might be cruel and put Donovan in for the third year.
lydiafuller69
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi can anyone help me please im ****ting myself about this exam and have no past answer questions to compare my own work to has anyone got any of their own past essays they could help me by sending me them thanks xxx
NaomiEliz93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have no idea what this exam is about, I'm just going to write essays for each article and learn them, then try to reword them according to the paragraph we are given in the exam but I'm so nervous about it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.86%
No - but I will (88)
7.52%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.78%

Watched Threads