The Student Room Group

MBA with 25 years of exp... for DAD.. would appreciate any help plz

Hi,
I am looking for an MBA degree for my dad, he's got 25 years of experience in sign and marketing with a BA degree. He wants to do an MBA degree, can anybody recommend any good MBA degree?

Doesn't have to be from very reputed university also has to be quiet cheap.

thanks a lot...really appreciate any help
Reply 1
isnt it kinda pointless to get an MBA from not a very good university? :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Well how cheap? All MBAs are more or less expensive.Also why does he want to get an MBA? Would he consider traveling to continental europe?
Reply 3
Original post by Theconomist
Well how cheap? All MBAs are more or less expensive.Also why does he want to get an MBA? Would he consider traveling to continental europe?

Cheap I mean like around £30k, he has been in self employment for the past 25 years, now he wants to do a jobs.... he's been looking at jobs site.. he full fill's all of the criteria apart from MBA, also something in London

Ive been looking for MBA at Brunel
You could also have a look at the Henley Business School at the University of Reading. They offer a range of MBA programmes, including a flexible learning option at £20,000. The full time option is £33,000.

Click here

Cranfield has a full time MBA for £33,000
Reply 5
Original post by greenford
Cheap I mean like around £30k, he has been in self employment for the past 25 years, now he wants to do a jobs.... he's been looking at jobs site.. he full fill's all of the criteria apart from MBA, also something in London

Ive been looking for MBA at Brunel

He should go to a good uni.MBA is all about the connections you get.If anything its the most important degree in terms of where you get it.
At his age an MBA is useless. Corporations won't hire anyone who are around the 50 mark unless they have had previous corporate experience.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by greenford

A cheap degree from a university with a poor reputation will be a waste of money. At your father's career stage, the only use of an MBA is to prove that he is not just a competent manager, but is a capable strategic manager. No-one will doubt that he would make a reasonable middle manager ie 30-50 k salary bracket. He can get there with a well written CV and a strong interview performance.

If he wants to get a salary over about 60k then he should get on the most reputable MBA he can. Employers will then look at his applications and see a lot of experience plus strong academics, which makes him potentially quite valuable.
someone mentioned henley. maybe an mba isn't right from him @ this stage but perhaps an executive programme? http://www.henley.reading.ac.uk/executiveeducation/cl-openedp/cl-openedp.aspx
No point going for an MBA that isn't from a very reputable university unless you're just doing it for knowledge purposes. If you're doing it in view of gaining employment, then only the best would do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending