MBA with 25 years of exp... for DAD.. would appreciate any help plz Watch

greenford
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,
I am looking for an MBA degree for my dad, he's got 25 years of experience in sign and marketing with a BA degree. He wants to do an MBA degree, can anybody recommend any good MBA degree?

Doesn't have to be from very reputed university also has to be quiet cheap.

thanks a lot...really appreciate any help
Jakeh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
isnt it kinda pointless to get an MBA from not a very good university?
Theconomist
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well how cheap? All MBAs are more or less expensive.Also why does he want to get an MBA? Would he consider traveling to continental europe?
greenford
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Theconomist)
Well how cheap? All MBAs are more or less expensive.Also why does he want to get an MBA? Would he consider traveling to continental europe?
Cheap I mean like around £30k, he has been in self employment for the past 25 years, now he wants to do a jobs.... he's been looking at jobs site.. he full fill's all of the criteria apart from MBA, also something in London

Ive been looking for MBA at Brunel
tigermoth99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You could also have a look at the Henley Business School at the University of Reading. They offer a range of MBA programmes, including a flexible learning option at £20,000. The full time option is £33,000.

Click here

Cranfield has a full time MBA for £33,000
Theconomist
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greenford)
Cheap I mean like around £30k, he has been in self employment for the past 25 years, now he wants to do a jobs.... he's been looking at jobs site.. he full fill's all of the criteria apart from MBA, also something in London

Ive been looking for MBA at Brunel
He should go to a good uni.MBA is all about the connections you get.If anything its the most important degree in terms of where you get it.
prospectivEEconomist
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
At his age an MBA is useless. Corporations won't hire anyone who are around the 50 mark unless they have had previous corporate experience.
threeportdrift
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greenford)
A cheap degree from a university with a poor reputation will be a waste of money. At your father's career stage, the only use of an MBA is to prove that he is not just a competent manager, but is a capable strategic manager. No-one will doubt that he would make a reasonable middle manager ie 30-50 k salary bracket. He can get there with a well written CV and a strong interview performance.

If he wants to get a salary over about 60k then he should get on the most reputable MBA he can. Employers will then look at his applications and see a lot of experience plus strong academics, which makes him potentially quite valuable.
sunnyjim091111
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
someone mentioned henley. maybe an mba isn't right from him @ this stage but perhaps an executive programme? http://www.henley.reading.ac.uk/exec...l-openedp.aspx
Erich Hartmann
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No point going for an MBA that isn't from a very reputable university unless you're just doing it for knowledge purposes. If you're doing it in view of gaining employment, then only the best would do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.8%
No - but I will (102)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (633)
47.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise