so scared of failing my 1st year Watch

sharpiiie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Im a first year doing law, i hate my course but i cant really afford to retake or drop out.... ive been getting c's in all my coursework's. Ive seen my personal tutors but since my uni is crap they are of no help with telling me what a pass is... I know i'm going to mess the exams up im just so scared im going to end up failing 3 of my modules... i know a D is a pass but say you get a C and a D it dosent total to 40 % does it???
aeterno
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
C =/= fail

Obviously it's dependent on your uni but generally speaking,
A - 1st - 70%+
B - 2.1 - 60-69%
C - 2.2 - 50-59%
D - 3rd - 40-49%

If you've been averaging Cs, it's unlikely you'll fail. I know you say you don't want to retake/drop out but is there any chance you'd be willing to transfer to a different uni (if it's more to do with your uni than your course)? Or perhaps change course altogether?
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You will need to get less than D's to fail.
If you get D's, you haven't failed. You will need more 'E's than D's to fail.
I haven't had anything marked with a grade, always percentages. But basically what aeterno said. If your averaging C's and D's your going to get ~ 50%.

So, unless you do worse than you currently are, you'll do fine.
Plus, if you get in the region of 30-40%, universities may sometimes allow for retakes of exams or pieces of work.
nunugab
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Which university are you at if I may ask?
SchadenfreudeDude
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A 40% is a D.

You probably won't fail.

In most universities, the first year doesn't really 'count' towards your final degree classification so just work doubly hard during the next 2 years!
Cicerao
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Me too - not scared enough to get off TSR and actually do some work, though. :awesome:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads