Putting games on my xbox HDD Watch

Right Guard 3.D
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
If I were to rent games from Lovefilm for my 360 (the newest version with 250gb HDD) would I be able to 'burn' the game onto my HDD like I've done with my 2 current games (so the console runs quieter) and it would allow it and I couldn't be prosecuted or anything?

I'd have thought that Lovefilm have maybe got something on the disk to stop this?
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Right Guard 3.D)
If I were to rent games from Lovefilm for my 360 (the newest version with 250gb HDD) would I be able to 'burn' the game onto my HDD like I've done with my 2 current games (so the console runs quieter) and it would allow it and I couldn't be prosecuted or anything?

I'd have thought that Lovefilm have maybe got something on the disk to stop this?
Installing to the hard drive does not let you play from the hard drive, it just allows you to play the games with faster loading times and a quieter XBox. You still need the disk in the console to play them. Only games bought through the Games On Demand section of the XBox marketplace play directly from the hard drive.
Right Guard 3.D
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Gofre)
Installing to the hard drive does not let you play from the hard drive, it just allows you to play the games with faster loading times and a quieter XBox. You still need the disk in the console to play them. Only games bought through the Games On Demand section of the XBox marketplace play directly from the hard drive.
Oh :/ Did't realise that. After I install a game I keep it in the disk drive so I've never played and removed any of my 2 games at the same time aha

Thanks
S1L3NTPR3Y
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
And if u illegally rip the whole game, next time u hook up to xbox live, microsoft's software will ban not only your gamer tag, but your console, so u a cant connect to the internet anymore thus your xbox is basically worthless, not clever.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.82%
No - but I will (114)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (102)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (690)
47.36%

Watched Threads