Is it unreasonable to tell my boyfriend to stop doing this? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
My boyfriend is really gentlemanly. He'll open the door for girls, carry their shopping, make sure theyre ok blahh etc.

So we're all moving back into halls, and he's been asking all his girl-friends (who live in the same building or AREA even) if he wants them to carry their bags into halls in case they're really heavy.

he asked me too obviously

but im abit pissed that he's asking other girls too.

if any of his girl-friends say that they're going food shopping to tescos, he always asks if they want help carrying bags.

can i tell him to stop being this way?
bananaslug77
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You want your boyfriend to stop being so nice? What.

He sounds lovely and I think it's refreshing to see a guy with good manners like that. Sounds like you have a jealousy problem...
TomInce6666
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Maybe if hes doing it excessively to the point at which it is detrimental to his work, his time with you or anything in his life, but if it takes little effort on his behalf i think its a bit cold to ask him to stop it if you're getting jelly.
JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
my word, what a control freak you are...to even consider this shows you have a serious problem.:stupid:
Cicerao
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
o NO, CHIVALRY. KILL IT, KILL IT NOW.
vicky_1234
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
He's carrying their bags, not having sex with them.

Leave him be! He sounds lovely.
DarkWhite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You want him to stop being nice?

Really, if this is bothering you, then you need to take a step back and look at the situation. He sounds lovely.
make-cookies-not-war
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have a friend a bit like that - he's lovely. His girlfriend thinks so too. If this really is the only issue, then you should stop being so jealous
secret_smile
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by bananaslug77)
You want your boyfriend to stop being so nice? What.

He sounds lovely and I think it's refreshing to see a guy with good manners like that. Sounds like you have a jealousy problem...
Very much this.

There aren't enough people with good manners and who are willing to be helpful without being asked. So stop being jealous and just be proud that you managed to bag a gentleman rather than a selfish sod :yep:
zingyjelly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TomInce6666)
Maybe if hes doing it excessively to the point at which it is detrimental to his work, his time with you or anything in his life, but if it takes little effort on his behalf i think its a bit cold to ask him to stop it if you're getting jelly.
lol. "getting jelly" never heard this before...
makes it sound like shes getting fat. haha
Symph
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What an utterly ridiculous concern to have about your boyfriend.
rainbowfluff
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What? You sound like you have a good one there, do you know how few gents there are around nowadays?

He just sounds as though he's been bought up to respect women and with good manners, and it's part of his personality, so if you love hime surely you wouldn't want him to change?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
i just called him and he called me "mad'...
member520746
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I understand your concerns, I often ask pensioners if they want help opening their garden gate as a euphemism for putting my peen inside them. Maybe by 'carrying their bags' he means 'come up to my room and I will fondle your tits'.
ThemThereEyes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Seriously some girls are just ridiculous. You just don't know what you want.
vicky_1234
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You are mad, you clearly don't deserve such a lovely boyfriend if you interpret every nice gesture as a threat to your relationship in some warped way...
make-cookies-not-war
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
HAHAHA. I really, really like this guy.
sicarius1992
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:facepalm: OP you're pathetic.
sassy123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Jelouse much?
dungeonkeepr
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's unreasonable unless he's doing it excessively and they're starting to fall for him. I have a mate that does a lot of things like that, he's honestly adorable, but it looks so much like he's flirting/likes the girl/guy he's being nice to that one guy thought they were dating.

So, be happy you got a genuinely good guy, don't try and be controlling, but check that no-one's falling helplessly for him
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (61)
37.2%
No - but I will (6)
3.66%
No - I don't want to (10)
6.1%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (87)
53.05%

Watched Threads