The Student Room Group

Is it unreasonable to tell my boyfriend to stop doing this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
If it seems like he's almost doing it in a way.. to be nice so that they like him more.. don't know, not doing a very good of explaining myself.

I have a friend (a boy) who is like that, and it really pisses me off when he's overly nice/helpful to my girlfriend because it almost seems like he's doing it in a flirty way.

Basically, it's not REALLY reasonable of you to ask him, but I'd tell him how you feel anyway, and hopefully he will maybe tone it down a little bit, and understand that it's just because he's YOUR boyfriend and you want to be the.. main focus. (I mean this in a nice way, I think it's fair enough of you to want that)

:smile:
Reply 41
All those poor, frail women; completely incapable of carrying their own bags. :frown:
My flatmate does this for me, it's really nice of him, doesn't make me fancy him or anything though xD
Original post by Anonymous
i just called him and he called me "mad'...

Id say hes right.

But let me get this straight - everyone in this thread has thus far told you not to stop him yet you went and tried to anyway - so what was the point of making this thread in the first place?
Reply 44
WOW@ the responses, doesn't anyone else think its extremely weird if you ask a girl to go to tescos with them just to carry their bags? sure it would be normal if you were going there anyway but just going all the way there to carry bags?

If I asked this to any girl round my uni flat they would knock me out with their purse and then carry me to my room and leave a note saying "Take that bitch"...
Reply 45
Why create drama? I don't understand how some girls can live like this, looking into everything, worrying, always on edge. For heaven's sake, just CHILLAX and do something useful.
Smells like hes fishing for future gfs/hookups.
Reply 47
well depends if he's actually going to the shops with them and then carry it all the way home, for no other reason than that ? that would be a bit odd imo, like hes sucking up to them, which would seem kinda pathetic.
Vermin such as yourself are the reason for the "nice guy finish last" syndromes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending