Time it takes for The Pill to be effective?! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi everyone,

My girlfriend is on the Pill, she has been for a while now, and last month she took all her pills, but had taken the morning after pill a couple of weeks before after she was on antibiotics. Her period last month came slightly early as a result.

This month, she started a new packet of pills, and as of now she's taken 12 pills, roughly at the same time (maybe one or two hours either side), but none missed. Last night we had sex however and I came inside her.

Just wanted to know, how likely are the chances of pregnancy? and in addition to that, how long before the Pill starts to work? Because of the MAP and stuff, I guess this month it's kind of as if she's 'starting everything again' as there's no more antibiotics or anything like that right now.

She's on Loestrin 20.

Thanks
angelbones
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
She's taken 12, it should be fine. Normally they recommend you wait a week or so before having unprotected sex again.
Lyndon1504
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Of all the pill leaflets I've read, they always say leave it 7 days to be definitely sure it's safe.
So you're more than fine.
Ellsbells3032
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
she's fine...as long as she's not still in the antibiotics. You're all good to go
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
She's definitely not on the antibiotics, just wanted to know that we're fine. So I'm guessing the pill takes around 7 days to be fully absorbed into the system, and after that, so long as all the pills are taken it's fine to have unprotected sex without worrying about pregnancy?
big_boy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I believe the pill takes 7 days to become effective but might need additional clarificiation.
ily_em
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
She's definitely not on the antibiotics, just wanted to know that we're fine. So I'm guessing the pill takes around 7 days to be fully absorbed into the system, and after that, so long as all the pills are taken it's fine to have unprotected sex without worrying about pregnancy?
Yes. Now stop worrying and enjoy yourself
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.56%
No - but I will (17)
5.38%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.33%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (154)
48.73%

Watched Threads