When girls give eachother compliments- are they bullcrapping? Watch

xobeauty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I get so many compliments from females it's abmormal and im starting to believe that they just feel sorry for me or something. I went to a bridal shower and noticed the ladies staring at me, made me feel really uncomfortable. A couple days later my aunt wrote my mother an email thanking her for the gift and how I got so many compliments on how beautiful I am, that's awkward. There was another time when I was at a club, I went to the wash room and two girls walked in, when I passed by them one made a comment about how pretty I was, and the other girl was just like "meh". I get alot of compliments from random females, the more compliments i get from them the more insecure i feel.:confused: can anybody relate??
Gryffindor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah I can relate people grope me when I walk down the street - pain in the ass really
Josh_Dey
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
girls are sly :yep:
Delta Aitch
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, I know what you mean. It totally sucks when everyone keeps telling you how gorgeous you are. I can relate.

xobeauty
Rep:
?
I actually feel offended when girls compliment me because arent they suppose to feel jealous?
secret_geek
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Maybe they are taking the p*ss out of you
Delta Aitch
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
Credit where credit is due - if a girl is pretty, I will tell her; if she is not, I will not. Take it for what it is.
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If girls give each other compliments over looks then it is often bullcrap. The way to measure if it's true or not is if there's a despairing "why aren't I as good looking as you" at the end of it, then it's probably true.

eg girl A says to girl B - "ggrrr I just love your figure babes, why can't I have a figure like yours!" (girl A thinks girl B has a nice figure and is wanting girl B to give her the magic secret tip) or another variation of it would be "ohh your make up is so gorgeous....where did you get that from/how did you do it?"

but if girl A says to girl B "don't worry babes, you'll find someone soon, you're gorgeous" (girl A doubts girl B will ever get a boyfriend due to the obvious fact she is lacking in the looks department, but is lying through her teeth to try and be nice)
Ana*Haifa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Some girls are just jealous and secretly hate you for it.
j.laurence
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You know you're ugly when your mum says you're beautiful.
BlueJoker
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sometimes it will be *****iness, but most of the time it's probably not. Unless you're attention seeking...
~ Dude :)
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If I think someones pretty or I like their hair or something, I'll tell them that
I tend to give compliments more to nice (maybe more shy?) girls though.

Once told a more 'outgoing' girl in my year that her new hair was nice (which is actually was.) and got told to f*** off. Meh.
xobeauty
Rep:
?
(Original post by ~ Dude :))
If I think someones pretty or I like their hair or something, I'll tell them that

Once told a more 'outgoing' girl in my year that her new hair was nice (which is actually was.) and got told to f*** off. Meh.

LOL. she told you to **** off???? wtf.
~ Dude :)
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by xobeauty)
LOL. she told you to **** off???? wtf.
She has mood swings.
Thought it might cheer her up as well, ha oh well
xobeauty
Rep:
?
(Original post by Milky Milk)
Girls are hardly as conniving as people are suggesting.

However, that aside this post does look a little "Look at me, Look at me"
Umm..not at all. If i was seeking attention here, id post a pic.
CoolDude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ~ Dude :))

Interesting, sad & funny.
Milky Milk
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Umm..not at all. If i was seeking attention here, id post a pic.
Not necessarily, you clearly can gloat by text alone.
xobeauty
Rep:
?
(Original post by Milky Milk)
Not necessarily, you clearly can gloat by text alone.
No.
Milky Milk
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No.
I'll match your amazing comeback... Yes.
sil3nt_cha0s
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I get so many compliments from females it's abmormal and im starting to believe that they just feel sorry for me or something. I went to a bridal shower and noticed the ladies staring at me, made me feel really uncomfortable. A couple days later my aunt wrote my mother an email thanking her for the gift and how I got so many compliments on how beautiful I am, that's awkward. There was another time when I was at a club, I went to the wash room and two girls walked in, when I passed by them one made a comment about how pretty I was, and the other girl was just like "meh". I get alot of compliments from random females, the more compliments i get from them the more insecure i feel.:confused: can anybody relate??
If you're obviously ugly, then yes, they are saying it to make you feel better when in reality, they just think you're ugly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (446)
37.89%
No - but I will (88)
7.48%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (563)
47.83%

Watched Threads