Broody.. Watch

IndigoRockGirl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Yeah, so I keep getting really broody and obsessing over babies etc.

Especially when I have dreams in which I have a baby or small child.

And then I remember I have 10 years before I start to think about having a baby and it kinda gets me down.

The sight of a baby is like a punch to the uterus. In a longing way.

Does anyone else get this?

x
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No. I hate children and will not be having any.
kiss_my_asthma_99
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by IndigoRockGirl)
Yeah, so I keep getting really broody and obsessing over babies etc.

Especially when I have dreams in which I have a baby or small child.

And then I remember I have 10 years before I start to think about having a baby and it kinda gets me down.

The sight of a baby is like a punch to the uterus. In a longing way.

Does anyone else get this?

x
Wait, what?
surina_xxx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
don't do a ronnie from eastenders and jack a baby
IndigoRockGirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by kiss_my_asthma_99)
Wait, what?
When I see a baby it's like my heart beats in my stomach haha that sounds really creepy but it's true :dontknow:
IndigoRockGirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by surina_xxx)
don't do a ronnie from eastenders and jack a baby
I have no idea what you just said :dontknow:
Delta Aitch
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
Well, sometimes I wish my life would fast-forward to my happily-ever-after. Or, more realistically, to the time in my life where everything is stable: the classic, traditional life, really - the husband, the kids, the house, the career and the pets.

...and then I get back to uni and hang out with my friends and I think, why the hell would I want to miss any of this, even for a second?! We're in the prime of our lives, we can literally do anything with ourselves at this age - why get down about something that will come in good time?
Cicerao
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've had about 5 minutes of broodiness in my life, started by pregnancy pictures on Facebook. Then I looked at the pics of the actual baby. Broodiness over, lol. :awesome:

I found a helpful hint from the masters over at Yahoo!Answers:
set your alarm every two hours during the night, everytime it goes off, get up, go downstairs and hold a bag of sugar to your tit for twenty minutes
RequiemForADream
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When I see a baby it's like my heart beats in my stomach haha that sounds really creepy but it's true :dontknow:
I have the exact same things...though I bet for differing reasons

surina_xxx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have no idea what you just said :dontknow:
if u watch eastenders you would understand!
o i love babies too, their soooooooooo cute
Intensity
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am insaaaaanely broody. Hated the idea of children until I met my newborn niece at 18 and my clock has been ticking louder each year since then.

If I won the lottery, i'd get pregnant tomorrow. Can't wait for it all to happen:^_^:.
IndigoRockGirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cicerao)
I've had about 5 minutes of broodiness in my life, started by pregnancy pictures on Facebook. Then I looked at the pics of the actual baby. Broodiness over, lol. :awesome:

I found a helpful hint from the masters over at Yahoo!Answers:
Haha I actually did that alarm thing for a few nights (minus the bag of sugar) and it was pretty fun :dontknow: lol x
*Dreaming*
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I sometimes I get a bit broody, but I won't be having any for a few years yet that's for sure.
IndigoRockGirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by RequiemForADream)
I have the exact same things...though I bet for differing reasons

Ha! : P
IndigoRockGirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by surina_xxx)
if u watch eastenders you would understand!
o i love babies too, their soooooooooo cute
Haha agreed : )
Cicerao
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haha I actually did that alarm thing for a few nights (minus the bag of sugar) and it was pretty fun :dontknow: lol x
Next time include the bag of sugar, ask someone to leave some human waste for you to clean up and have a foghorn that goes off every 30 minutes. Ensure that the foghorn is very sensitively sound activated. Voilá.
IndigoRockGirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Delta_Aitch)
Well, sometimes I wish my life would fast-forward to my happily-ever-after. Or, more realistically, to the time in my life where everything is stable: the classic, traditional life, really - the husband, the kids, the house, the career and the pets.

...and then I get back to uni and hang out with my friends and I think, why the hell would I want to miss any of this, even for a second?! We're in the prime of our lives, we can literally do anything with ourselves at this age - why get down about something that will come in good time?
To be honest, in theory I hate the idea of a traditional married, domesticated life but whenever I see a baby I know that I definitely want to have children, and I definitely want to raise them in a stable family environment, so I don't know how that's going to work lol :dontknow:
IndigoRockGirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cicerao)
Next time include the bag of sugar, ask someone to leave some human waste for you to clean up and have a foghorn that goes off every 30 minutes. Ensure that the foghorn is very sensitively sound activated. Voilá.
Meh, got nothing better to do : P
SpiritedAway
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's normal. I don't get broody from babies, but I do from pregnant people :p:. Even as an au pair it didn't help: the waking up every 2 hours and then getting up for good at 5am, not being able to go anywhere or do anything because they might (just might!) take a nap and then so do you, the crying, them first rolling over and suddenly your reflexes so that they don't fall off the bed/couch/changing table have to suddenly improve, the stinky poos and constant crying all night when they are ill. It's all worth it :yep:

Have you got a friend or a relative who has a baby/young child? Maybe take a larger role in it's life and then you get all the best bits of parenting :p:.
Lexi99
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Delta_Aitch)

This. I'd love to one day be a mummy and raise a family but right now I love my life and am in no position to have babies.

Live your life for what it is now, cos in 20 years you'll be looking back thinking why wasn't i have fun being young and free instead of obsessing over babies
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (399)
37.64%
No - but I will (82)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (75)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (504)
47.55%

Watched Threads