having a baby... Watch

tiana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm 22 and I'm pregnant, I come from a christian background so when I told my mum she wasn't pleased at all. I didn't tell my mum until I was about 16 weeks because I was so scared to tell her, but since I have its made me feel so guilty and sad. Its like she indenial of whats happening that, God will do something and make a miricle and take this baby inside or shes says that its just a false alarm. This makes me so sad that she would wish that not only on a human but her own grandchild, at times I sit there and cry and wish I didn't exist, its only when I'm with my fiance that I feel so happy to be pregnant and be having a baby.
I'm not an irresponsible person, I'm graduating this year, I have a part time job, I drive and have my own rented place, plus getting married in june so why is she making me feel so bad? how and what can I do to make her more accepting into this situation?

thanks
xx
Cicerao
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There's not much you can do, in honesty. Stereotypically she will instantly becoming a doting grandma after the birth, but don't get your hopes up too much as it might not happen. But it's a possibility.
TheFlyingDutchman
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tiana)
I'm 22 and I'm pregnant, I come from a christian background so when I told my mum she wasn't pleased at all. I didn't tell my mum until I was about 16 weeks because I was so scared to tell her, but since I have its made me feel so guilty and sad. Its like she indenial of whats happening that, God will do something and make a miricle and take this baby inside or shes says that its just a false alarm. This makes me so sad that she would wish that not only on a human but her own grandchild, at times I sit there and cry and wish I didn't exist, its only when I'm with my fiance that I feel so happy to be pregnant and be having a baby.
I'm not an irresponsible person, I'm graduating this year, I have a part time job, I drive and have my own rented place, plus getting married in june so why is she making me feel so bad? how and what can I do to make her more accepting into this situation?

thanks
xx
I really wouldn't worry about it.

When you put he/she into her arms she'll be just as doting as every other grandmother. She's genetically programmed to like babies, like everyone else.

If you know you're going to be a good parent and be able to provide for your child and bring them up well then that's all most people will ask of you.

Good luck.
heyimbored
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Tell her to get the **** over it, you're getting married! Assuming the person you're getting married to is the father :teehee:
IndigoRockGirl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think once the baby is here she will love it more than anything, as other people have said.

You seem very together and capable of raising a child, good luck to you : )

Also, jealous! --> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=31182983
tsr_clueless
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tiana)

thanks
xx
she believes in a god who one day randomly decided to create the most complex system ever, how anyone can believe some god created the universe is beyond me, how anyone can believe that non believers will go to some made up place called hell is also beyond me, do you really think a god would send his own creation to hell for not believing in 'him', when there is basically no evidence, a load of ridiculous stories... and so much contradictory evidence to the christian religion... if there is a god, surely he would understand that our brains are advanced enough for us to question the irrational, and Christians believe non believers will go to hell?? sounds like a retarded god to me... ''hey god man, listen, all them stupid stories, the whole evolution thing, the lack of evidence, the fact there are so many religions.. how can you blame me for not believing in you...'' ...''stupid child you must go to hell'' .. lol random rant, but come on, she's mad enough to be christian, so do not value her opinion is the moral of my rant.
nosaer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tsr_clueless)
she believes in a god who one day randomly decided to create the most complex system ever, how anyone can believe some god created the universe is beyond me, how anyone can believe that non believers will go to some made up place called hell is also beyond me, do you really think a god would send his own creation to hell for not believing in 'him', when there is basically no evidence, a load of ridiculous stories... and so much contradictory evidence to the christian religion... if there is a god, surely he would understand that our brains are advanced enough for us to question the irrational, and Christians believe non believers will go to hell?? sounds like a retarded god to me... ''hey god man, listen, all them stupid stories, the whole evolution thing, the lack of evidence, the fact there are so many religions.. how can you blame me for not believing in you...'' ...''stupid child you must go to hell'' .. lol random rant, but come on, she's mad enough to be christian, so do not value her opinion is the moral of my rant.
Wtf is wrong with people like you? You seem to have an inexplicable acute attack of verbal diarrhoea at the very sight of any religious connotation. Shut your pie-hole and keep your diatribe to yourself please. Oh and Jesus loves you. :rolleyes:
tsr_clueless
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nosaer)
Wtf is wrong with people like you? You seem to have an inexplicable acute attack of verbal diarrhoea at the very sight of any religious connotation. Shut your pie-hole and keep your diatribe to yourself please. Oh and Jesus loves you. :rolleyes:
lol, oppress the naysayers.

how can i be scrutinised for not believing that one day, some god created an entire universe in 7 days lol, there is no god, once you're dead, you're dead, there is nothing, you don't have a spirit or soul, you have a brain, once your body is dead, your brain dies, and you cease to exist.

just because lots of people follow religion, doesn't mean anything, apart from they're all as dumb as each other =]
nosaer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tsr_clueless)
lol, oppress the naysayers.

how can i be scrutinised for not believing that one day, some god created an entire universe in 7 days lol, there is no god, once you're dead, you're dead, there is nothing, you don't have a spirit or soul, you have a brain, once your body is dead, your brain dies, and you cease to exist.

just because lots of people follow religion, doesn't mean anything, apart from they're all as dumb as each other =]
There's a time and place for everything. This isn't one of them.
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Remind her of how cruel and judgemental Christians shouldn't be.

Really, you're in a completely stable lifestyle and also getting married, so there should really be nothing much wrong with you being pregnant now.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm sorry that your mother is being like this. Remind her that Jesus told us to love and forgive, and that your baby is made in God's image and is a blessing. Maybe she'll see sense.

I wish you well for your pregnancy, and I hope you and your future husband and baby have a wonderful life together. I'm sure you will

At the end of the day, even if your mother doesn't change the way she feels (which I'm sure she will once the baby is born), then you have to be strong and just accept that she's awkward, but it doesn't really mean much when all is said and done. The important thing now is the family that you're creating with your fiance and your child. Yes, your parents matter, but you can't live your life FOR your parents, you live if for yourself.
tiana
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by heyimbored)
Tell her to get the **** over it, you're getting married! Assuming the person you're getting married to is the father :teehee:
lol yes the guy i'm marrying is the father
EvieMo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think your mum's opinion will change when the baby is born.

There's not really anything you can do if your mum feels that having a baby is wrong. She is probably very worried that things won't work out for you if she thinks you have done something wrong.

Your future will be with your husband and child. They are your family now and the people you should be thinking about most. It's normal and natural to still want your mum's approval, and to be hurt that you're not getting it. But ultimately it's your new family that are most important.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.11%
No - but I will (46)
6.81%
No - I don't want to (50)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.67%

Watched Threads