mobiles.co.uk - Trustworthy? (also a question about how upgrades work) Watch

Lehane
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm looking to get a new phone and I keep getting directed to mobiles.co.uk for cheap deals. The phone I have with my current contract broke twice, and both times I simply took it to the vodafone store and it was repaired the first time, and given a new phone the second time.

I'm just concerned mobiles.co.uk has no shops so what would happen if the phone broke?

Also, when it comes to an upgrade, I currently pay £15 a month with £5 extra for internet. If the new contract was £30, when I upgrade would I just pay £30 or would I have to pay for the two contracts?

Finally - any good insurers if I get a smart phone and then end up getting it nicked?

Thank you!
Curly A
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Im pretty sure mobiles.co.uk is a subsidiary of carphone warehouse. I have bought PAYG mobiles from there with no problem at all.
member159703
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lehane)
I'm looking to get a new phone and I keep getting directed to mobiles.co.uk for cheap deals. The phone I have with my current contract broke twice, and both times I simply took it to the vodafone store and it was repaired the first time, and given a new phone the second time.

I'm just concerned mobiles.co.uk has no shops so what would happen if the phone broke?

Also, when it comes to an upgrade, I currently pay £15 a month with £5 extra for internet. If the new contract was £30, when I upgrade would I just pay £30 or would I have to pay for the two contracts?

Finally - any good insurers if I get a smart phone and then end up getting it nicked?

Thank you!
Your contract will be with the network, mobiles.co.uk are just a vendor selling contracts. So you can walk into the respective store and do what you did previously.

Also, why on earth would you have to pay for 2 contracts?
LetoKynes
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You won't have to pay for two contracts - but you will have to call up to get your first contract cancelled, or you'll continue having to pay for it.
WelshBluebird
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
1 - Mobiles.co.uk are fine in my experience. Although I'd avoid anything if you have to redeem it (cashback etc).
2 - They are owned by carphone warehouse, so you just go into their shops.
3 - If you actually upgrade, then the new contract will just take the place of the first. Otherwise, you will have to cancel the first contract then take out the second.
Lehane
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thanks everyone!
wizz_kid
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lehane)

Thank you!
I've taken out a contract with them for about 2 years and tbh, I am very happy with the service. However if you are getting a cashback deal, you have to take the initiative to email them your bills. They wont remind you! As long as you send the bills off on time, you will get the cashback
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (322)
37.49%
No - but I will (67)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (408)
47.5%

Watched Threads