Help needed on breaking down content into notes :) Watch

Alf123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Ok so I have got my Economics and Business exams coming up in May/June. I just wanted to know what is they best way of breaking down the contents from a revision book into shorter notes (e.g from the AQA Business Studies by John Wolinski) without having to write down a lot of what is said in the book itself.

I am asking this as I tend to write out most it out again in notes as I feel that most of the information is important. However, I cannot continue to do this as this is really time consuming and I have got quite a bit of revision to do.

So if someone could kindly please give me tips on how to break down the contents and tell me what sort of information I would need to obtain and look for so I then could write it down as notes and what information I should ignore.

Thank you
lace-rules
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm in the exact same posititon.

I'm hopeless at writing revision notes like that!
JJ22
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi there! I have some tips, which may be useful to you:

• AQA textbooks normally have Key Terms (highlights these), Examiners Tips etc boxes on the sides of the pages and they are really useful, so I advise you read them and write them down.
  • Write down sentences, phrases and words in bold and italic as they are generally quite important.
  • Try and pick out key sentences or summarise paragraphs (by leaving out unnecessary words).
  • Only write down what is necessary i.e. what is on your syllabus.
  • Copy important diagrams, examples, illustrations, formulas (highlight these) etc

Hope these tips help you!
Alf123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by JJ22)
Hi there! I have some tips, which may be useful to you:

• AQA textbooks normally have Key Terms (highlights these), Examiners Tips etc boxes on the sides of the pages and they are really useful, so I advise you read them and write them down.
  • Write down sentences, phrases and words in bold and italic as they are generally quite important.
  • Try and pick out key sentences or summarise paragraphs (by leaving out unnecessary words).
  • Only write down what is necessary i.e. what is on your syllabus.
  • Copy important diagrams, examples, illustrations, formulas (highlight these) etc

Hope these tips help you!
Thanks mate, I would be using your tips and hopefully it works
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (293)
37.61%
No - but I will (56)
7.19%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.19%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (374)
48.01%

Watched Threads