Retro Updo Watch

Jessibear
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So my end of high school prom is at the end of June and I've got mostly everything sorted (dress from Vivien of Holloway) and I know how I want my hair. I want a sixties style updo with a relatively high sort of bouffant thing and my side fringe left out including a few strands by my ears. I've only got one picture close to what I want and I'm obviously no good at explaining it. I was wondering if anyone had any pictures or would be able to properly describe this..

Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Vivien of Holloway is 40's and 50's repro. A 60's hairstyle is the wrong era for the dress, and may look slightly odd.

Just my 10 cents.
museobsessed
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
basically: lots and lots and backcombing with lots and lots of hairspray
Jessibear
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
Vivien of Holloway is 40's and 50's repro. A 60's hairstyle is the wrong era for the dress, and may look slightly odd.

Just my 10 cents.
Yeah I understand what you're saying but it's a prom.. The hair in the picture is quite a modern style based around the 60s beehive. I don't wanna look like i'm going to a fancy dress party of a particular era. I looked online and I think the dress looks good when not tied to any sort of time and just as a nice formal dress.
But thanks.
teddybomb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There are a fair few beehive tutorials on youtube you can look at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP4ig...eature=related

Obviously in that one they do not use all the hair but it's a similar sort of technique!
flown_muse
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Have you got a pic of the dress?
georgia(:
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
if i were you, i would get it styled by a hairdresser on the day. give them a picture of what you want and they will do it for you.
Sméagol, blad!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jessibear)
So my end of high school prom is at the end of June and I've got mostly everything sorted (dress from Vivien of Holloway) and I know how I want my hair. I want a sixties style updo with a relatively high sort of bouffant thing and my side fringe left out including a few strands by my ears. I've only got one picture close to what I want and I'm obviously no good at explaining it. I was wondering if anyone had any pictures or would be able to properly describe this..

Our hair and makeup is better, precious

harlar
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's just a modern take on a beehive. They look good is they're a little bit mussed up. For some reason, my computer isn't letting me paste anything into TSR, but if you Google 'messy beehive' you should get some nice results you can work with. Also look at Brigitte Bardot! Her back-combing was second to none.
clo-clo1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Carrie from 'wishwishwish' blog has a tutorial for this on her blog somewhere. Will try to find it
Edit: http://wishwishwish.net/?p=2102
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed