invitation to treat(law).hlep me please. Watch

chaojiwudi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
A law lecturer, Ms. Dela, had received a letter from the United States that she had secured a position as an associate with the law firm of Skooden, Eeeps. She was out celebrating with another lecturer, Mr. Ware, and said, ‘well I won’t need all my books where I’m going, so next Friday come to my office and you can take whatever books you please’.
On the week-end, Ms. Dela had second thoughts about leaving academia and becoming a practicing lawyer. She didn’t see Mr. Ware all week. When at last she saw him on Friday, she announced that she had decided to stay at the university after all.

Mr. Ware said ‘Well, Dela, that’s good news. Shall we go to your office, now? I want to select those books I contracted for and have to get home at a reasonable hour’.

Dela would not allow him into her office and has refused to speak to him since.

You have been asked for legal advice by Mr. Ware, who wants the books from Ms. Dela. Write an essay giving that advice and assessing the probability that Mr. Ware would succeed in any legal action to get them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (234)
39.39%
No - but I will (40)
6.73%
No - I don't want to (43)
7.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (277)
46.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise