Your dream wedding? Watch

INeedToLoseWeight
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So the country is still buzzing with wedding fever ATM, so i thought I would ask you lovely bunch to describe your perfect wedding!
Would it be a grand spectacle, such as the events we witnessed yesterday, or a more modest affair, or even aloping?

I can definitely see myself aloping- getting home and telling my mum I'm married and being disowned for not letting her witness me getting married.

What about you?
im so academic
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
The one where I marry my dream man.
sil3nt_cha0s
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by INeedToLoseWeight)
So the country is still buzzing with wedding fever ATM, so i thought I would ask you lovely bunch to describe your perfect wedding!
Would it be a grand spectacle, such as the events we witnessed yesterday, or a more modest affair, or even aloping?

I can definitely see myself aloping- getting home and telling my mum I'm married and being disowned for not letting her witness me getting married.

What about you?
LOL, hardly. None of the people I know could give two ****s about it after it happened. The only reason people are speaking about it is to make conversation when there is nothing else they can think of saying.

And I'll think about a wedding when I get engaged. Right now, I couldn't care less.
OmicronPersei8
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not sure if I even want to get married?

But if I met someone I wanted to share the rest of my life with, then we'd get married at a registry and then have a small party with friends.

I can't do big weddings! :eek:
Ich Dien
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
The one where I marry my dream man woman
:ditto:

My parents got married in my Grandad's back garden..
alliefunkin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm slightly sad so I've had this planned out for years. Basically it would take place in a beautiful church somewhere in Tuscany, my dress would be a pure white, antique sort of affair (quite like Kate's actually...ahhhh, her dress was so beautiful). We would then have the reception in a huge Tuscan farmhouse with a band and dancing long into the night under the stars. Right, now I just have to find the dream future husband.....
AClockworkOrange
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
One where Pippa doesn't out do me.
chemical_bex
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A massive wedding is like my worst nightmare...then again I don't even have enough friends to have a massive wedding :p:
It would have to be small, how sad.
Milky Milk
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't think I could ever alope. Whilst marriage still is a piece of legal paper, especially when you're not religious, I believe it's more cultural than anything and have grown to want a relatively sized wedding.

I just think it'd be fun :ahee:
VeeBelle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by alliefunkin)
I'm slightly sad so I've had this planned out for years...
This, sadly.

Although it changes all the time, I do like to think about it! And even more so with Will and Kate's wedding! Terrible. :rolleyes:

(Is a secret though!)

PS - it's 'elope'.
avila
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just thinking... doesn't it make more sense to have a very modest wedding (small-scale, local church, closest friends and relatives only) and then have a luxurious honeymoon instead?

From a down-to-earth point of view, where money is not infinite, it seems it's either one or the other. A $hitty honeymoon would probably be worse than a less fancy wedding though.
ShadowConspiracy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Big church
Flash cars, Aston Martin's, Range Rover's

A secret joint before the wedding to chill
-honeybee-
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by alliefunkin)
I'm slightly sad so I've had this planned out for years. Basically it would take place in a beautiful church somewhere in Tuscany, my dress would be a pure white, antique sort of affair (quite like Kate's actually...ahhhh, her dress was so beautiful). We would then have the reception in a huge Tuscan farmhouse with a band and dancing long into the night under the stars. Right, now I just have to find the dream future husband.....
This, but in England. I want to get married at my family church.
S_123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd want mine to be (obviously) a lot smaller than the royal one but still quite big. At least half the crowd would be Indian so it's got to be quite big haha :laugh:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.34%
No - but I will (25)
5.49%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.03%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (219)
48.13%

Watched Threads