Lesson Hours? Watch

jakeruston
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,

I've put UEA as my firm choice to do Software Engineering and was just wondering what the lesson times are like at UEA?

Like how many hours a week do you usually spend in a lecture?
What is the timetable like? (When does the university day start, end, etc...)

Would be great to know!

-- Jake
1234x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi, sorry I've got no idea about that particular course. In general lectures can be between 9am and 6pm, although I've heard of the odd one or two finishing at 7. Each lecture lasts 50mins (labs/seminars can be longer) and it just depends on your course as to how many you have a day. If you live on campus or nearby you can easily go home between lectures, but if not there's the hive and other places you can go to for lunch etc. Hope that helps!
GaryPowers
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well I might be able to help you with that.

Basically I study a course called Computer Systems Engineering.
On an average most people do 15 hours a week which splits into lectures, seminars and labs.
Lectures are where you sit in a room with around 100 people for a few hours a week for each module and then a lecturer teaches you the material for that module.

Seminars are discussion/exercise groups based on the lectures, where there are set tasks and there will be a TA (Teaching assistant) to help you go through and answer/understand the tasks which are set.

Finally labs are similar to seminars except you use the computer more, e.g. Programming for instance. Set exercises in Java.

To conclude, you'll be lucky to get a day off. Most people don't, even in first year. But hours may vary for each student, day in day out.

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask any other questions that you may have as I work at UEA part time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
    UNDERGRADUATE OPEN DAY Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
    UNDERGRADUATE OPEN DAY Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.78%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.46%

Watched Threads