The Student Room Group

Sickening attack on free speech, Veitch's arrest caught on camera

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
boo bloody hoo, there was a warrant out for his arrest and so he was arrested.

Infact I believe he was wanted on an earlier crime which warrants his arrest regardless? That and this was not a 'preemptive arrest' it was an arrest for conspiracy to commit a crime, similar to those who are arrested for conspiring to rob or murder. Plus they let him get all his stuff together get dressed and say goodbye to his girlfriend, not as if he was dragged out of his house by his face hooded and shoved in the back of a van now is it?

'i studied politics at cambridge' lol

These people are only happy when they percieve themselves to be the so called 'underdog' opressed by the great masses or the establishment so they can make lots of videos and appear as great heroes amongst their deluded friends and get the hot indie anarchist chick.
(edited 12 years ago)
The officers and Veitch himself (for the most) at least knew how to behave properly in this scenario. The woman filming was just annoying and probably thought she was being clever when she tried to convince the officers not to do their jobs by saying things like "I hope you remember this for the rest of your life". I also noticed that the sound had been censored - it seemed to me that this was to mask the swearing of the woman who was no doubt trying to be inflammatory.
I don't particularly agree with Veitch's preachings, but I am astounded that he was arrested in such a manner and prevented from expressing freedom of speech. I cannot see this event as anything other than preventing freedom of speech and silencing opposition.

regardless of whether or not you find him annoying or pretentious, why the hell is he arrested?? wtf?
Original post by No Future
I don't particularly agree with Veitch's preachings, but I am astounded that he was arrested in such a manner and prevented from expressing freedom of speech. I cannot see this event as anything other than preventing freedom of speech and silencing opposition.

regardless of whether or not you find him annoying or pretentious, why the hell is he arrested?? wtf?

Perhaps if you actually watched the first 60secs of the video you would know :colonhash:
Regardless of whether this is an attack on free speech he has committed a crime therefore he deserves to be punished, irrespective of wheter it is the royal wedding or not. He would attract far more sympathy were him and his girlfriend not such pretentious pricks.
Reply 125

You mean other than having a video all over the internet and having his arrest covered by a number of left wing papers and media outlets.

The fact the arrest was filmed is in itself a sign that the UK has a huge degree of freedom of speech. Its not like his door was bashed down, he was thrown in the back of a car and never seen again.

I'd be able to find more information about what he was arrested for but when you google it all you get is page after page of left wing bull**** about how his door was kicked in and he was brutally arrested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CaD4SLWwUM&feature=related

His shameful attitude toward the police illustrates just how hypocritical and unpleasant he is. I am not surprised he was arrested.
I really don't see the problem. They were perfectly polite.
Reply 128
Original post by David Markham

His shameful attitude toward the police illustrates just how hypocritical and unpleasant he is. I am not surprised he was arrested.

What a massive cock he is
Original post by David Markham

Having a bad attitude is not sufficient grounds to be arrested
Original post by Aj12
You mean other than having a video all over the internet and having his arrest covered by a number of left wing papers and media outlets.

The fact the arrest was filmed is in itself a sign that the UK has a huge degree of freedom of speech. Its not like his door was bashed down, he was thrown in the back of a car and never seen again.

I'd be able to find more information about what he was arrested for but when you google it all you get is page after page of left wing bull**** about how his door was kicked in and he was brutally arrested.

No, he was prevented from attending the streets of London during the Royal Wedding because his message is not popular/does not suit the establishment/would embarrass the UK

There are no solid grounds for his arrest and he is released once the wedding is over.
Original post by Darkphilosopher
Perhaps if you actually watched the first 60secs of the video you would know :colonhash:

On spurious grounds?
Having a bad attitude is not sufficient grounds to be arrested

You are correct, but swearing at them and encouraging his fellow protesters to break the law is.
I think most poeple disagree with veitch...so if most people disagree with him then its in the will of the people that he should be shut up. So the police were acting on the will of the people.
Reply 134
I absolutely detest Veitch and what he stands for, this video which I think was posted above demonstrates why I hate himhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CaD4SLWwUM&feature=related

However, I don't think he should have been arrested for the royal wedding, but I do think he should have been arrested for trespass at F&M's.
Original post by The_Great_One
I think most poeple disagree with veitch...so if most people disagree with him then its in the will of the people that he should be shut up. So the police were acting on the will of the people.

"If you're in favor of freedom of speech, that means you're in favor of freedom of speech precisely for views you despise."
Reply 136
Original post by IFondledAGibbon

Original post by IFondledAGibbon
"If you're in favor of freedom of speech, that means you're in favor of freedom of speech precisely for views you despise."

So it is perfectly acceptable to run up to a black man and scream "****** ****** ******. I hate *******. ****** ****** ******" then :holmes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mess.
So it is perfectly acceptable to run up to a black man and scream "****** ****** ******. I hate *******. ****** ****** ******" then :holmes:

There's a difference between expressing an opinion and harassing someone and/or causing emotional harm.

If the person expressed their opinions peacefully then I wouldn't forcefully stop them from speaking.
Original post by beepbeeprichie
At least one the ***** knew some PACE.

try learning that piece of **** statute for a law exam. It's hell.
On spurious grounds?

Is there any evidence to back this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending